KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last GP of the longest season in history. Next season is going to be even longer and introduce the sprint races on Saturday.

It will be a huge surprise if Bagnaia will not be crowned champion. The gap is too big and it really requires Fabio to win the race and Bagnaia not to finish. I will leave the summary to after the race.

Prepare to enjoy Ducati's first rider championship since 2007.

Reactions: J D

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peco does not need to DNF. He just needs to finish outside the points.
True. This is what I meant. That said, I can't see him finishing outside the points if he doesn't DNF. Remember there are 7 other Ducatis.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
um pretty sure team orders will be in place here, everyone should be blocking 1/4rarro

pecco got this in the bag
Why? Are they that insecure? I doubt it. Martin and Miller will go all out regardless. Only Peco can lose his championship

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FQ20 did his best to qualify 4th. Two Ducatis and one MM93 ahead of him.

He did have a great race-pace and may find his way to the top step, but I can't see Bagnaia finishing lower than 14th (or not at all). Fabio will do his best but the title is in Bagnaia's hands and is his to lose.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They all did what they had to, almost. Good ride by Fabio, but there was really a very slim chance. Anyway, new champion and a well deserving one. Next season going to be at lease as crazy, if not more. A LOT of changes.

Will be a long winter.

Registered
Pecco was the best rider on the best bike this year! Congrats to him!
I really hope that honda and yamaha will find the missing km or miles/hour, otherwise we're good for a ducati cup ...
LOTS of talented riders in motogp next year.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Fabio is and was a better rider. The bike is just not up to the competition and there was very little he could do, other than ride on and over the limit the entire season.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully, the 2023 Yamaha will be more competitive. If it is, I believe FQ can get on top again. Morbideli is another good rider that can get a bit of help from an improved Yamaha.

I think next season is going to be even crazier that this one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts