KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I keep mine in Track Mode, the throttle set to Sport mode as I have the quick-turn throttle installed, Slip Control set at 4 or 5, and I turn off Wheelie Control. The stock position for the forks is on the second line; mine is on the fourth line. I installed the stiffer WP springs in the forks and on the shock, and I also had the suspension shim stacks custom adjusted by a great suspension shop where I live in Japan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Few questions for you -
  1. Do you ride at the track, street, or both?
  2. How much do you weigh without gear?
  3. What did the shim stack adjustment do for you?
  4. Did you choose the quick turn throttle over just track throttle for a specific reason? If so, what was it?
My 890 will become a track bike after some, let’s say, difficult experiences at the track over the last couple of years. I want to start tweaking this bike over time to get faster, but also more comfortable.
My answers to the above questions.
1. I ride both street and track. I would say, I mostly do track riding. The cops are getting aggressive these days in Japan. I also have a 2021 Super Duke R and a 2012 690 Duke European Cup (rare), which is my track-only bike.
2. I weigh 170 now, but when I changed the springs, I weighed around 210! I've been trying to get into a healthier lifestyle these days, and it's working out great.
3. I would say the compression side had the most improvement. My laps times are so much better now. Between the bike and my health improvements, I'm doing much better.
4. The quick-turn throttle is perfect. Overall, the bike seems easier to maintain small throttle openings down low, and how easier to go to full throttle going on the straightaway.
If you have any other questions, let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts