KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can anyone recommend a good mobile phone mount for the 790?
The official ktm one looks great but £105 is a bit steep!
Thank you
Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello, can anyone recommend a good mobile phone mount for the 790?
The official ktm one looks great but £105 is a bit steep!
Thank you
Mike
Hi Michael,

You can try this. I use one and am very pleased. Quadlock are very good too! I use one on my MTB bike. You will not be wrong with any of them. These are quality products.

Cheers

Regards,
Momo

·
Registered
222 Posts
I see that QuadLock now have a motorcycle USB charger option.

It does require an existing QuadLock mount to attach it to though - it sits between the arm/base and the lever lock part - you would just need a short USB cable for your phone. It's pretty slim at 17mm so quit unobtrusive.

They also sell coloured levers if you want something other than the standard blue one - they offer back, red and white ones.

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
254 Posts
If quad lock doesnt work then ram mount makes a grip too, i went with the ram mount x grip so i can put more then my phone there when needed. Sometimes I need to charge a spare battery while riding.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to bring this topic back to life, but i see a few people bought Quadlock products for their phones a while back. I'm just about to purchase a case for my new Samsung S20 and i have read reports that the vibration from the lock and a motorcycle is damaging the optical stabilisation of the cameras.
I did contact Quadlock and they are aware of these issues, here is the response i received from them when i asked them about it:
####################################################
Thanks for getting in touch.
Thanks for your query. Whilst vibration damage to smartphones when mounted on motorbikes is not a common problem, it is affecting a small number of riders (less than 0.1%). We are currently investigating the issue to better understand why it impacts a small number of users and is not an issue for the bulk of our customers.
The damage seems to be caused by a combination of phone/motorbike rather than the mount itself and is not unique to Quad Lock. The majority of our motorcycle customers are very happy with our mount as can be seen by our reviews.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with as we are continuing looking for ways to improve our products and are grateful for user-feedback.

Have any of you had such issues? I really do not want to damage my new phone.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to bring this topic back to life, but i see a few people bought Quadlock products for their phones a while back. I'm just about to purchase a case for my new Samsung S20 and i have read reports that the vibration from the lock and a motorcycle is damaging the optical stabilisation of the cameras.
I did contact Quadlock and they are aware of these issues, here is the response i received from them when i asked them about it:
Thanks for getting in touch.
Thanks for your query. Whilst vibration damage to smartphones when mounted on motorbikes is not a common problem, it is affecting a small number of riders (less than 0.1%). We are currently investigating the issue to better understand why it impacts a small number of users and is not an issue for the bulk of our customers.
The damage seems to be caused by a combination of phone/motorbike rather than the mount itself and is not unique to Quad Lock. The majority of our motorcycle customers are very happy with our mount as can be seen by our reviews.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with as we are continuing looking for ways to improve our products and are grateful for user-feedback.

Have any of you had such issues? I really do not want to damage my new phone.

Thanks
I purchased a Quad lock a couple of weeks ago, I was really happy with the quality of the product. I was able to mount the unit in many different ways, was really happy.
Earlier this week, I was taking some pictures of my kids and I noticed I couldn’t get the camera to focus. I was thinking it was software problem with my IPhone 11pro. The thought never occurred to me that it could of been caused by the vibration of my 790 and the mount. I was looking through the forum this am and saw this post, then it dawned on me. Oh well, I will taking the mount off and seeing how much it will cost to fix my phone. Bummer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased a Quad lock a couple of weeks ago, I was really happy with the quality of the product. I was able to mount the unit in many different ways, was really happy.
Earlier this week, I was taking some pictures of my kids and I noticed I couldn’t get the camera to focus. I was thinking it was software problem with my IPhone 11pro. The thought never occurred to me that it could of been caused by the vibration of my 790 and the mount. I was looking through the forum this am and saw this post, then it dawned on me. Oh well, I will taking the mount off and seeing how much it will cost to fix my phone. Bummer!
Sorry to hear it. Hopefully a insurance claim can sort you out with a fix.
Now i do not know if it is the quadlock as i have not even tried my camera in its case yet, this was just some information which i had seen mentioned. It could be other factors involved in our daily use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Talked with Apple today, sounds like one of the camera sensors failed. The phone will have to be opened up to be sure what the problem is. I have no idea for sure if it was the mount that caused the problem, but the camera problem showed up a couple of days after starting to use the mount. I am pretty careful with my phone, I was reluctant to even get the mount, but heard so many good reviews. Probably just a perfect storm as for mounting, vibration, etc. I know many people have had no issues, so probably just bad luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts