KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed MNNTHBX plate holder and Kellermann blinkers. Took a bit of thinking. The holes in MNNTHBX are so big that the indicators would go through. Also the walls are so thick that you can't tighten the indicators in place.

So I took a belt sander and ground the walls thinner around the indicator mounting hole area. Installed washers on both sides, and on they went. Seem to stay on quite well.

For anyone not wanting to cut the original harness, the tail light connector type is JST03T (03R-JWPF-VSLE-S) and indictor connectors are JST02T (02R-JWPF-VSLE-S).

In the end I got everything mounted, and the flashing is a-okay, but I'm getting a goddamn warning on the dash. Guess I need some kinda resistors then.

But the moral of the sotry is,if you want to use MNNTHBX, use Rizomas. If you prefer Kellermanns, use something else than MNNTHBX and save yourself a lot of messing about trying to make them fit!

2021-05-04 14.30.49.jpg 2021-05-04 14.30.46.jpg 2021-05-04 14.30.21-2.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today I installed MNNTHBX plate holder and Kellermann blinkers. Took a bit of thinking. The holes in MNNTHBX are so big that the indicators would go through. Also the walls are so thick that you can't tighten the indicators in place.

So I took a belt sander and ground the walls thinner around the indicator mounting hole area. Installed washers on both sides, and on they went. Seem to stay on quite well.

For anyone not wanting to cut the original harness, the tail light connector type is JST03T (03R-JWPF-VSLE-S) and indictor connectors are JST02T (02R-JWPF-VSLE-S).

In the end I got everything mounted, and the flashing is a-okay, but I'm getting a goddamn warning on the dash. Guess I need some kinda resistors then.

But the moral of the sotry is,if you want to use MNNTHBX, use Rizomas. If you prefer Kellermanns, use something else than MNNTHBX and save yourself a lot of messing about trying to make them fit!

View attachment 7087 View attachment 7088 View attachment 7089
Hey Squid, where did you get those connectors (JST03T and JST02T)? Everywhere I look they seem to be out of stock. Also, do you need a special tool to crimp the wires/connect them to the connector?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Squid, where did you get those connectors (JST03T and JST02T)? Everywhere I look they seem to be out of stock. Also, do you need a special tool to crimp the wires/connect them to the connector?
Yea, I noticed the same so I got Chinese knock offs from eBay ;)

And yes, you need special pliers. I got these same ones (that I got locally), but they are slightly too big, so you need to be really careful. For inserting I just used a small screwdriver to push them in the connector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts