KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier than expected, MM93 is going to race in Aragon this weekend. He complained about pain and discomfort following the Misano test but it seems that he is eager to return to racing. It will be very interesting weekend. Although he is not n racing form betting against Marc is, generally, not a good idea.

Reactions: J D

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Marc will not come back. That said, even in 90% capacity he is a force to be reckoned with. I have a hard time to believe that he will win another title, but I am sure he will be in the mix.

Registered
To be fair, that save in turn 17 was very impressive. Definitely the Marc of old.

Very freaky incidents, and unlucky for those involved. He can be very pushy and aggressive, but not in this instance.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I listened to a couple of MotoGP podcasts, The Race and Crash. Both were pretty adamant that he did nothing wrong and that these were racing incidents.

That may be the case, but it's more often him, then not. I guess this aggressive style got him 8 titles. Who am I to criticize him?

Registered
I listened to a couple of MotoGP podcasts, The Race and Crash. Both were pretty adamant that he did nothing wrong and that these were racing incidents.
FQ20 said the same. As did the LCR team, although they are less independent.

You could argue that if the bike wasn't feeling 100% after the FQ20 impact, then he should have stopped racing and parked it, or limped back to the pits. If the impact occurred later in the race when the bikes were spread out, sooner or later he would have been flagged off the track by Race Direction.

That may be the case, but it's more often him, then not. I guess this aggressive style got him 8 titles. Who am I to criticize him?
Kinda agree. But...I don't have to like him to recognise and admire the talent. Doesn't mean he gets a pass on dangerous or dirty play.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kinda agree. But...I don't have to like him to recognise and admire the talent. Doesn't mean he gets a pass on dangerous or dirty play.
True. He is one of the best, ever. I just don't like his style. He is definitely not the cleanest or most respectful rider on the grid, even if the most successful one.

a d m i n .

Oh he鈥檚 a real talent for sure, but it鈥檚 also the Honda MotoGP bike.. Riders would kill to land a ride wt Repsol Honda.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh he鈥檚 a real talent for sure, but it鈥檚 also the Honda MotoGP bike.. Riders would kill to land a ride wt Repsol Honda.
That's true, but seems that the Honda of the past few years was made/built for Marc and his riding style. Honda tried a lot of talent on its bike and no one seems to be able to ride it quite as fast. Not even close.

Reactions: J D
1 - 15 of 15 Posts