KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just got a 2020 790 Duke back in July and I'm heading in to the dealership for the 600 mile maintenance next week. When I first took ownership I experienced an odd hum, kind of like a prayer bowl being rubbed, after the bike had been ridden for 5 miles or so but it went away after the first 50 miles. That led me to look at the radiator since it seemed like that was where the resonance was coming from. At this point I noticed that the coolant level in the tank was nonexistent. So, bought some motorex 3.0 and topped it off. I've had to do this again today. I see that leaks are somewhat common, but I don't have any pooling under the bike in the morning before I ride to work. I do think I can smell coolant being burned, but at I may just be imagining it. The exhaust does have a bit more color to it than Ive seen from my previous bike. To be honest I don't have enough experience to know if this is even possible.

If anyone has any knowledge of something like this so I can pass it on to the techs at the maintenance I'd appreciate it!

·
a d m i n .
151,086 Posts
Oh, interesting. I get the feeling that regardless of what the issue is, this won't be something easy.
You can be a bit more positive about that knowing that this has been pretty common with this model.
Easy-fix for most..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.