KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently picked up a 2019 790 Duke and thought it would be a good idea to fit the Meta alarm as it was plug and play.

Went for the cheap option and got the Def Com T from ebay, although I did buy the KTM fitting kit.

Having connected it all up, a very simple process, I have found that when it arms, the LED on the bikes dash doesn't flash.

I have connected the LED that came with the alarm to the alarm plug to test that and it does flash, although it is so dim you can hardly see it, I had to turn the garage lights off!

Can anyone that has fitted the Meta alarm advise if their dash LED flashes and how bright it is?

I have checked the prewired plug on the bike and all the wires are present and correct.

Thanks.

Matt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Matt

I did exactly the same, Def Com T from eBay and KTM bracket and seat reed switch and as you, I do not have the LED on the dash working. Spoke to my dealer and he reckons there is an option in their diagnostics system to say whether the bike has an alarm or not and hence it may see plausible that this configures the Dash LED?

When the bike is in next I may ask him to change the value to 'alarm installed' and see if that does the trick. He did say they have never fitted an alarm (due to the ridiculous price) so he couldn't really offer any further help.

Incidentally, he was very interested though when I told him the KTM alarm is actually an £80 Meta item, he was going to ask his boss if they could buy them in that way rather than via KTM!

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I actually got the people who supplied mine to swap it for another one as I believed it to be faulty, plugged it in yesterday and the LED still doesn't flash.

If yours doesn't either it does point to something in the bikes software maybe needing to be altered.

I will have a chat with the dealer when it goes in for it's first service.

I was wondering whether it may be due to the KTM plug not using all the connections on the alarm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts