KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reached the 600 mile mark on a long ride on Dec 24th. It sat for only 1 day after the longer ride. I went to crank it up last night and take a short ride. There was an overwhelming smell of fuel. I looked down and saw fuel pouring out from under the tank area on the left side. I could not determine the exact source of the leak but it was coming out heavily. Has anyone else had this happen? Naturally it will be covered under factory warranty but just wondered if this was a common issue.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's a bit worrying @JNewby23 - glad you found it before getting the bike hot again!

I did have a brake fluid leak from under the tank, same area - it was where one of the hoses connected to the ABS system.

Fixed under warrant, was just a badly installed line.

I think KTM need to review their final assembly checks - I had the coolant leak too just after the first service (a failed radiator top hose).

Touch wood my bike has been fine since both of those were fixed about 1000 miles ago - these niggles are very annoying on a brand new bike!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those few that were following this thread. I was able to take the bike down to the dealer and have them inspect the issue. They found a fuel line under the tank that had come unclipped and was allowing fuel to spray everywhere. This had to be a factory defect and something that was missed during assembly. They put the line back in place and the issue was resolved. I am most thankful that this did not happen while I was riding or while engine/exhaust was hot as this could have been catastrophic and caused a fire.

·
A d m i n .
151,129 Posts
For those few that were following this thread.

I am most thankful that this did not happen while I was riding or while engine/exhaust was hot as this could have been catastrophic and caused a fire.
I'm glad you're ok, and it was something relatively simple, albeit potentially deadly.

For sure there are many people reading this thread, even though they didn't respond within. :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts