KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corresponding with MADSTAD in the US. They will be looking at a 790 Duke to see if they can fabricate a shield to suit.

Never the most attractive solution, but I've found them very functional on V-Strom 1000 and BMW F650GS.

Their application on a 390 Duke looks to me like it would work if scaled to the 790 Duke.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put one on an MT07 and it was effective, but Jesus was it hideous looking.
They don't look too bad on adventure bikes but not for naked bikes IMO

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve owned 7 different ones. Not kidding. Guys can say they’re ugly and that’s true but it’s like calling a Russell saddle ugly. Of course it is! LOL. But it works so well you simply don’t care. There is NO other aftermarket windshield with as much adjustability and effectiveness as a Madstad. I have already ordered the 690 Enduro model in hopes it will bolt up to my 790. I suspect it will. I had the DR650 model on my previous 950SM (also bolted right up). I used 2 different screens, the large Madstad on tours and long days in the saddle. Once at my destination I would swap over to the smaller screen I had drilled myself to bolt directly onto the Madstad mounts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just as I suspected and have communicated with Madstad, their 690 Enduro setup bolts up directly. A few pics here. Look, as I said earlier, the Madstad is never going to win any beauty contests on a naked bike but IMHO there is no better shield for highway or big mile work. Plus, it comes off quickly and you can swap to a smaller screen if you want.
32AC1AAD-8E4B-4D66-9E1D-3A6572AA9047.jpeg 4C6D1DB2-35BB-41EC-A507-BFF533787B1D.jpeg 7EC28AF3-C9C0-408C-94F8-F38B5358ED1E.jpeg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts