KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
136 Posts
I've used the MFW Vario pegs on multiple bikes. The first thing to be aware of is that your foot is going to be about 3/4" farther out regardless of the amount of drop you choose. I typically accommodated this without further modifications but some might want to extend the width of the shift and brake levers. I always used the 25 mm foot peg extension.

The second issue I ran into more than once was getting the brake lever low enough. I regularly use the rear brake and want to be able to just pivot my foot on the peg to cover the pedal.

On two bikes I had to cut off the end of the adjustment rod and not use the lock nut to get it low enough. On my 690 Duke, I actually lowered it far enough that it bottomed out on a frame tube before engaging the brake. I don't know if this would be a problem on the 790.

Regarding the shift lever, mine is already at a fairly steep angle downward. If you were to go with a foot peg lower and forward AND lowered the shifter, the shifter would rotate closer to the foot peg. The space to insert your foot for an upshift might be uncomfortably small.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used the MFW Vario pegs on multiple bikes. The first thing to be aware of is that your foot is going to be about 3/4" farther out regardless of the amount of drop you choose. I typically accommodated this without further modifications but some might want to extend the width of the shift and brake levers. I always used the 25 mm foot peg extension.

The second issue I ran into more than once was getting the brake lever low enough. I regularly use the rear brake and want to be able to just pivot my foot on the peg to cover the pedal.

On two bikes I had to cut off the end of the adjustment rod and not use the lock nut to get it low enough. On my 690 Duke, I actually lowered it far enough that it bottomed out on a frame tube before engaging the brake. I don't know if this would be a problem on the 790.

Regarding the shift lever, mine is already at a fairly steep angle downward. If you were to go with a foot peg lower and forward AND lowered the shifter, the shifter would rotate closer to the foot peg. The space to insert your foot for an upshift might be uncomfortably small.
That's all really good info - thanks. :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts