KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an Austin Racing slip on, SC Project decat, and stock headers running the Akrapovic map installed by the dealer. My local track requires removal of the AR exhaust every time I go (noise ordnance). The full Akra exhaust system is quieter than my current setup - as a result I'm contemplating swapping my AR system for the full Akra. My main concern is how close the Akrapovic pipe is to the turn signals on a tail tidy setup. For those that have this setup, is it close enough to cause the right turn signal to melt? Are you happy with the sound and quality of the pipe?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, the stock right side turn signal will melt with a tail tidy and Akra. My solution was to use an aftermarket signal with a shorter 'stalk'. If you move the signal toward the center of the tail, the out facing cutaway of the Akra muffler keeps most of the heat away from the blinker.
Sorry, no picture.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I currently have an Austin Racing slip on, SC Project decat, and stock headers running the Akrapovic map installed by the dealer. My local track requires removal of the AR exhaust every time I go (noise ordnance). The full Akra exhaust system is quieter than my current setup - as a result I'm contemplating swapping my AR system for the full Akra. My main concern is how close the Akrapovic pipe is to the turn signals on a tail tidy setup. For those that have this setup, is it close enough to cause the right turn signal to melt? Are you happy with the sound and quality of the pipe?
Can you put the cat back in for track days? My 890 powered adventure bike is 5mph faster with the cat in (vs Arrow decat)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts