KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday was sunny. went for a ride with my wife, down in the valley it was 19c but as we climbed up the pass we got down to 12c and neither of us wore our heated vests and decided to turn around. First ride with the Klim Marrakech pants. My dad has the same named jacket and it’s a stretch breathable textile. These have 3d0 knee and hip protection and are very comfortable to wear. The sizing is a bit off though. I bought a 32 but usually Im a 34 to 36 in jeans. These will be great summer wear items when it’s in the mid 30s Celsius but couldve done with a bit more wind proof layers yesterday!

My wife likes being able to hear my bike now, and comments it less loud than my old FZ with an M4 system.

Im enjoying it a lot more as well, and I really like the look of the bar end mirrors. My left wrist was sore at the end of the ride and that’s a first on this bike. I got arm pump on a long mtn bike ride Friday evening and was in the garage wrenching most of Saturday so I’m inclined to think it’s not related to removing the brass bar end weights but I might just start making those adapters...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good times good times!! Glad you're enjoying the bike. Wife and I got out and did the backroads of Mission out to Harris Mills and back. Just a short one. I had hernia surgery a few days ago and that was about all the guts could endure. About the bar weights, I added bar end mirrors to my 790 and used part of the stock bar end to utilize the inside heavy part. I cut the wedge off the bar end and found a longer end bolt and with the bits included with the mirrors, I made it all work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good times good times!! Glad you're enjoying the bike. Wife and I got out and did the backroads of Mission out to Harris Mills and back. Just a short one. I had hernia surgery a few days ago and that was about all the guts could endure. About the bar weights, I added bar end mirrors to my 790 and used part of the stock bar end to utilize the inside heavy part. I cut the wedge off the bar end and found a longer end bolt and with the bits included with the mirrors, I made it all work.
I just machine down my stock bar and weights to fit the mirrors mounted my CRG mirrors perfectly no vibration can see 10 times better probably going to have to do the same thing with my super Duper GT mirrors are a little better on that but I still have to move my arm to see

1 - 3 of 3 Posts