but reading a lot of threads and looking at other peoples dyno graphs

its very clear de-cat = lower power but more music
remap/coober = smoother running
aftermarket exhausts = more music

so its really down to which is more important style/music/power

·
Registered
97 Posts
my ktm dealer told me on Friday they receive a letter from KTM with 790 instructions, one was to mark serial numbers with de-cat.

i am going to visit them again on next Friday, maybe i can get more information.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I did not get to hill top over the festive period as I had expected too
but reading a lot of threads and looking at other peoples dyno graphs

its very clear de-cat = lower power but more music
remap/coober = smoother running
aftermarket exhausts = more music

so its really down to which is more important style/music/power
I'd be interested to see anyone who's gone down the full remap after decat and whether that gets any decent results.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
my ktm dealer told me on Friday they receive a letter from KTM with 790 instructions, one was to mark serial numbers with de-cat.

i am going to visit them again on next Friday, maybe i can get more information.
hmm
covering themselves if it goes wrong I am sure
do not blame them

·
Registered
11 Posts
The ATOM from Austin Racing is actually the Coober System..again another small engineering firm in Germany.
I'd still suggest buying it from Austin Racing in East Sussex though because they are UK plus have a special tie up with Coober, and offer it at the best price I've found.
Haven't actually bought it yet but I plan to as part of my 790 Duke winter project.

https://www.coober.eu/product/ktm-790-duke-ecu/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey! For those of you who deleted the cat,

Has removing the cat reduced the engine heat felt on your legs during low speed and city driving?

Thanks!
I really want to know the answer to this! Does anyone have experience? Radiant heat on my 790 is intense!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have de-cat and do not notice any heat. Did the de-cat almost from new but even when cat was in I did not notice intense heat.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts