KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I shall be getting my bike shortly and so far have only used the stock clutch perch/ lever (two test rides). I have not yet experienced any jerkiness or hesitation but if it is anything like my old multi carb'ed bikes I just have a tenancy to modulate out the roughness with the clutch.

Maybe this is no longer much of an issue but maybe there are those that may just like other setups. So my question is, are other setups something that will work, and should you consider them?

Options are-

1. Stay stock and maybe do a different lever
2. Go with the PP hydraulic clutch kit
3. Go with something like an RSC stunt clutch perch/ lever
4. Something I am missing

I have an RSC sitting around (I bought it to put on my Kawasaki Z125 to learn how to wheelie), and wondering if maybe it would work on my in-coming Duke.

Thoughts, experiences, pluses, and minuses all welcome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ive noticed a gap in the pivot point of the stock clutch, actually started wondering what was giving me the sensation of looseness and tracked it down to the clutch lever.

I'll most likely just shim it, or get an affordable upgrade, but Rottweiler performance do a CRG upgrade complete with custom cable. Its not cheap btw

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn't have any issues with the stock clutch lever - it's very light for a cable operated clutch and easy to modulate for slow speed control.

That said, after a few months I decided to fit the PP shorties as the stock ones are quite long and fancied something shorter. The action is so light I only ever use a couple of fingers on the brake / clutch - I can fit three fingers on the clutch (just) at a push with them set to the shortest length. They fold too and added a little orange to my black bike.

You can see the difference between them and stock i the photos I took here and here.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If you want a REALLY SHORT clutch lever - look at the |RokOn| Rok Bagoros universal easy-pull CLUTCH LEVER

But once you get the quick shifter mastered - you don't need the clutch anyway - and it is already super light. Yeah - the levers are long - but moving the perches inboard 10-15mm makes a difference and there are also plug and play short levers about. The PP levers are great shape - shame they're orange - the PUIG are fine too. Or you could just cut down some originals.

Remember this engine also has a slipper clutch.

My advice: Go and ride the ruddy thing at least 1000 miles before worrying about too many changes. Get it run in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I rode with the stock levers all last year and over the off season I switched to the Raximo short levers. Much nicer looking in my opinion and great fit and finish. There are other options out there, you just have to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts