KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long, forced break, the season begins the Gran Premio Red Bull de España, Jerez. Will be interesting to see how the long break affected the different riders.

Early FP1/FP2 results indicate that the gap between riders is pretty small.

Reactions: J D and Gwyn

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
My prediction for this round:

Two Yamahas and a Honda on the box and 1 Yamaha doesn't have the #46 on it. :)

Hoping Binder gets along well with the KTM and the younger Marquez also gets up to speed quickly (top 10) - just to show what a huge dork Jorge was last year. :p

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the results of FP2, might have two Yamahas on the podium with none having #46 on it...

You might also have a 04 Ducati. Dovi looks strong.

Word on the street is that Jorge might be riding again in 2021...

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
FP2 was held in an oven and is a throw away session.

Dovi won't be near the top 3 in this race I'd guess.

Jorge might snag Dovi's spot next year if they don't sweeten his contract offer - then again the term "leverage" comes to mind so I'd say there's also a lot of that going on right now on Ducati's part I'd imagine.

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's see. They think race is going to be very hot as well.

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
Agreed. 85-88 degrees at race time is forecasted.

I club raced for 6 years and we did 8-10 lap sprint races and usually in 60-80 degree (16-26 C) weather.

I simply can't get my mind around 23 laps in 85+ weather, let alone doing it at a fraction of their pace.

Aliens indeed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would say, an Honda, a Suzuki and a Yamaha (probably Petronas) on the podium.

Hope Aprilia will do good!

The main Ducati feature is that they have the worst riders management ever.
It is far more ingrained in Ducati DNA than the turning difficulties of their MotoGP bike, of the last few years. 😂

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
I would say, an Honda, a Suzuki and a Yamaha (probably Petronas) on the podium.

Hope Aprilia will do good!

The main Ducati feature is that they have the worst riders management ever.
It is far more ingrained in Ducati DNA than the turning difficulties of their MotoGP bike, of the last few years. 😂
You don't see Mav on the box?

Worst Management - but but they just put that young gun Melandri on the Barni bike in SBK - geniuses!!!

;):LOL:

·
Registered
31 Posts
You don't see Mav on the box?

Worst Management - but but they just put that young gun Melandri on the Barni bike in SBK - geniuses!!!

;):LOL:
Can't decide which Yamaha rider put on the podium. :unsure: I would put Quartararo, then, in smaller percentage, Vinales and then Morbidelli.

About Melandri and Ducati riders management: Poor Melandri.. after the Ducati MotoGP experiance was totally ruined. And Ducati treated him very badly...

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
Can't decide which Yamaha rider put on the podium. :unsure: I would put Quartararo, then, in smaller percentage, Vinales and then Morbidelli.

About Melandri and Ducati riders management: Poor Melandri.. after the Ducati MotoGP experiance was totally ruined. And Ducati treated him very badly...
Poor Melandri? POOR MELANDRI???????????????

Every time I feel bad for Marco I Google Manuela Raffaetta and I quickly don't feel so bad for him.

;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Poor Melandri? POOR MELANDRI???????????????

Every time I feel bad for Marco I Google Manuela Raffaetta and I quickly don't feel so bad for him.

;)
In superbike I hoped that Melandri would win every race, because then the TV would show his beautiful wife.
(the team were also happy, they didn't waste any time to hug her tight to celebrate the win - dont' know if they were more happy for the win or for the possibility to hug Manuela 😂 )

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
282 Posts
After a long, forced break, the season begins the Gran Premio Red Bull de España, Jerez. Will be interesting to see how the long break affected the different riders.

Early FP1/FP2 results indicate that the gap between riders is pretty small.
Looks like the effects of the break have been minimal. It'll be nice to see QUA20 pick up the pace after FP1.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Track Temperature, a new Michelin, anyone could win.
Race time track temp will be 50 to 60C (130 to 140F) will see a few front ends slide away, one or two Ducatis burst into flames, unexpected riders on the podium.
5 GPs over the next 6 weeks, with SBK, 19 race weekends over next 19 weeks:love:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fabio is still the fastest in qualification, what a great Q2 :love:
I would bet one dollar on Marquez because he s really fast as every race... and i hope secretly that quarta will win his first time in moto gp. Miller with the pramac is fast too.

My prediction :
Marquez m. Quartararo, miller

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.