KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I will start by saying the factory exhaust was starting to grow on me...however 3 months with a stock exhaust is a bit of a record, so it was time to change things up! I've read several posts on this site and others referring to the potential of losing down low power/torque so I thought it best to keep the cat in place and not try to chase the various tweaks required to optimize going without.

I really like the dual can look, but AR and Arrow both replace the cat for their dual systems, so that was a no go...then I found the LeoVince LV10. I haven't seen anyone else with it installed yet, so figured I would post a few pics. Price was very reasonable, so figured even if it wasn't my cup of tea it wasn't too much invested!

Here's the system before install:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odd. Is that because of the volume I would imagine?
I'd be surprised if it's that loud as it retains the cat and only replaces the stock muffler section, there's typically only so much incremental noise you can make with that in place. There aren't any db killers in the mufflers though, so I don't think anyone living in a country with strict enforcement rules would be able to run it legally.

Thankfully I've never had any officers complain about an exhaust - car/truck or bike. The only place anyone seems to be strict about sound levels is at the track...and that's to appease the locals who go and build a house nearby and then complain about the sound coming from the track:rolleyes:. On the road you'd have to be pretty loud here to out do the Harley guys with open pipes!

Maybe the comment was from someone who mistook the design for the AR's or the full Arrow system that ditches the cat? I'll try to start this weekend and report back :grin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't weighed, but I believe they post stats on the website. Easier weight loss would be me vs the bike or its parts, lol.

The end cans are pretty light b/c they're so small, but the link pipe is longer with the dual setup...

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
I'd be surprised if it's that loud as it retains the cat and only replaces the stock muffler section, there's typically only so much incremental noise you can make with that in place. There aren't any db killers in the mufflers though, so I don't think anyone living in a country with strict enforcement rules would be able to run it legally.

Thankfully I've never had any officers complain about an exhaust - car/truck or bike. The only place anyone seems to be strict about sound levels is at the track...and that's to appease the locals who go and build a house nearby and then complain about the sound coming from the track:rolleyes:. On the road you'd have to be pretty loud here to out do the Harley guys with open pipes!

Maybe the comment was from someone who mistook the design for the AR's or the full Arrow system that ditches the cat? I'll try to start this weekend and report back :grin:
That's what I was thinking also! My old R1 with a straight Muzzy pipe and no cats and no baffles was LOUD. I never got stopped. My mustang only has a MAC catback and the mufflers don't don't do anything. That thing is louder than anything I had (bike or car).....and I never got stopped. Just think that was an odd comment in relation to an exhaust on a bike!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Odd. Is that because of the volume I would imagine?
Ye was not hugely forthcoming - but has recently had customers come in with all sorts of LeoVince pipes that have been stopped - even E marked pipes. Remember this is Spain - More Catholic than the Pope - My guess is that (to some degree) the lettering shouts "not original". It's why my Wings has no identifying marks.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Beautiful!

I personally like the one can look on this bike, but this is, most certainly, very nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful!

I personally like the one can look on this bike, but this is, most certainly, very nice.
Thanks, I was back and forth on the profile of one vs. two cans or larger vs. smaller etc. I'm a fairly tall guy (6'3") and the bike is quite narrow, so I decided to try something that would fill it out the profile of the bike a bit...if that makes any sense. As cool as this bike looks in minimalist trim I feel like I'm just dwarfing it, lol.

I loved my old CBR954RR and sportbikes of that vintage b/c they had enough bodywork that I didn't look like I was riding a pair of wheels and a seat. :grin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ye was not hugely forthcoming - but has recently had customers come in with all sorts of LeoVince pipes that have been stopped - even E marked pipes. Remember this is Spain - More Catholic than the Pope - My guess is that (to some degree) the lettering shouts "not original". It's why my Wings has no identifying marks.
I was close to choosing Wings as well...had one on my 690 Enduro and it was great. Felt like I had to change it up, kind of like buying a new car in the same colour as your last one...doesn't feel like you actually made a change, lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Started it up today, sounds fantastic! Much deeper than stock and certainly a bit more bark...but not obnoxiously loud. Can't wait to ride and hear under load.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Started it up today, sounds fantastic! Much deeper than stock and certainly a bit more bark...but not obnoxiously loud. Can't wait to ride and hear under load.

Yea I am sure it will sound much different. If you can, post a sound clip please! I always wondered how the LV sounds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else try the dual LV10.. I've bought one but i'm now sitting debating whether the single can looks better.
I bought McBagpiper’s off of him and installed it last week. I was hesitant with the looks prior to install, but LOVE it now. I fitted some cheap universal DB-killers to reduce the low-speed volume nicely (I’m conservative about loudness).

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought McBagpiper’s off of him and installed it last week. I was hesitant with the looks prior to install, but LOVE it now. I fitted some cheap universal DB-killers to reduce the low-speed volume nicely (I’m conservative about loudness).
Cool it does look really nice 👍. Do you still have de cat ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts