KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
KTM indicators installed today. I still need to visit the dealer to get the LED option selected. Right now they come on steady (no blinking) and no dash error. I can manually cycle the switch to make them blink, which I'll probably do on the way to the dealer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
For those that did the KTM LED's- do the 2 blinkers with the green stripes on the wires go on the right side of the bike? I figured green on the right and red on the left like airplane or boat nav lights would do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does enabling LED mode require the full diagnostic tool from a dealer, or can it be done with an aftermarket/consumer grade tool? Unfortunately I don't seem to have anyone in a reasonable range of me that is capable of changing this setting, so I was wondering if I could buy a diag tool and change it myself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
KTM indicators installed today. I still need to visit the dealer to get the LED option selected. Right now they come on steady (no blinking) and no dash error. I can manually cycle the switch to make them blink, which I'll probably do on the way to the dealer. View attachment 4218
If I run LED front and rear, I have the same issue in the rear, while the front still blink. I put my bike in LED mode and it didn't change anything.
Very frustrating.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If I run LED front and rear, I have the same issue in the rear, while the front still blink. I put my bike in LED mode and it didn't change anything.
Very frustrating.
Is this with the KTM EU factory turn signals or aftermarket?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Phew, I was worried I wasted $300 on turn signals that won't work. You probably need to play with different resistors.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Phew, I was worried I wasted $300 on turn signals that won't work. You probably need to play with different resistors.
True.. But, the concerning part is that yours and mine act the exact same way, as I can run LED in the rear with stock front, flash normally, but get the error, or run LED front and rear, Front Flashes Normally, no error, but rear just turns solid.

Be interesting to see what happens when you put it in LED mode. The blinkers on these bikes are stupid frustrating.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine don't blink at all. They come on steady. I did try the signals when I had rear LED and stock fronts and they flashed but got the dash error. Hopefully the dealer program will do the trick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well Dukers...I’ve done it. My Rizoma Corsas front/rear are FINALLY operating correctly. I’ve been living with the dash error for months, I cannot tell you how happy I am right now. Such a small victory but oh so satisfying.

Part list:
Rizoma Corsa S (rear) - shipped with MNNTHBX tail tidy
Rizoma Corsa (front)
Rizoma ‘turn signal cable kit’ (EE164H) - 1 pair
R&G resistors - 21.5 Ohm (RGR0002) - 1 pair

Installation:
  • R&G resistors in the rear
  • Rizoma cable kit (adapter/resistor) in the front
That’s it. When you are ‘testing’ make sure your bike is actually started/running. Without the bike started, there will be the dash error and as soon as you fire her up, it goes away.

Side-notes;
I bought 2 pairs of the Rizoma cable kits (4 adapters/resistors in total) which gave me a very odd result when trying to use them in both the front/rear. The amber light on the rear was always on. It blinked correctly when I turned the indicator on and no dash error but both the right/left were always on. I touched the small adapter/resistor and holy crap was it hot!!! I would have to imagine if I left it that way, there could have been some issue under the rear cover.

Hope this helps some of you that invested in Rizomas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well Dukers...I’ve done it. My Rizoma Corsas front/rear are FINALLY operating correctly. I’ve been living with the dash error for months, I cannot tell you how happy I am right now. Such a small victory but oh so satisfying.

Part list:
Rizoma Corsa (front)

Installation:
That’s it. When you are ‘testing’ make sure your bike is actually started/running. Without the bike started, there will be the dash error and as soon as you fire her up, it goes away.

Side-notes;
I bought 2 pairs of the Rizoma cable kits (4 adapters/resistors in total) which gave me a very odd result when trying to use them in both the front/rear. The amber light on the rear was always on. It blinked correctly when I turned the indicator on and no dash error but both the right/left were always on. I touched the small adapter/resistor and holy crap was it hot!!! I would have to imagine if I left it that way, there could have been some issue under the rear cover.

Awesome! Is this with your bike also set to LED Mode by the dealer? Or in the original mode?

·
VIP member
472 Posts
Here’s how I resolved my Rizoma Leggera turn signal error issue. The bike is in LED mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Part list:
Rizoma Corsa (front)

Installation:

Side-notes;

for the MNNTHBX tail tidy, did you have to do any custom wiring/soldering?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine don't blink at all. They come on steady. I did try the signals when I had rear LED and stock fronts and they flashed but got the dash error. Hopefully the dealer program will do the trick.
The dealer was able to enable LED mode, which is in the "combination meter" menu of the dealer diagnostic tool. Took a few minutes and no charge!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Part list:
Rizoma Corsa (front)

Installation:

Side-notes;

This same setup worked like a charm for me as well! Thank you for your research and detail in explaining your install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've read through this thread and another. I'm hoping this is the same for my 890 as the 790. I installed an eBay led brake light with integrated signals and all worked properly including signal blink timing. I bought a set of Yosh front signals with the bike and when I installed the throttle side it didn't work at all and the rear signal was constant illuminated. The stock clutch side blinkers worked still. I went ahead and test wired the clutch side Yosh signal with the same results. Neither Yosh illuminated or blinked at all. Both rear signals were constant on. I've ordered some 20ohm/10 w resistors to run on the rear but concerned that won't resolve the fact that the fronts don't work at all. I spliced the Yosh wires into the stock signal plug wire using butt connectors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've read through this thread and another. I'm hoping this is the same for my 890 as the 790. I installed an eBay led brake light with integrated signals and all worked properly including signal blink timing. I bought a set of Yosh front signals with the bike and when I installed the throttle side it didn't work at all and the rear signal was constant illuminated. The stock clutch side blinkers worked still. I went ahead and test wired the clutch side Yosh signal with the same results. Neither Yosh illuminated or blinked at all. Both rear signals were constant on. I've ordered some 20ohm/10 w resistors to run on the rear but concerned that won't resolve the fact that the fronts don't work at all. I spliced the Yosh wires into the stock signal plug wire using butt connectors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
end up getting it working?

which integrated tail did you purchase?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Finally got my KTM (Euro) LED signals installed and had the dealership enable the LED mode. Simply install, enable LED mode, and done! Signals work like a charm.

Highly recommended for those that don't want to have to deal with doing a custom setup. (However, probably not the cheapest route though.)

141 - 160 of 173 Posts