KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put NRC tail eliminator with led tail light and turn signals as well as rizoma front led turn signals and my dealer put the bike in LED mode and it flashes perfect

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 790 Duke is the US-based model which comes with the 10w incandescent bulbs. I purchased the Rizoma Corsa turn signals (see below) as replacements.

Front: Rizoma Corsa FR110 (turn signal only)
- Turn signals pull 1.4W each

Rear: Rizoma Corsa S FR115 (tail/brake/turn signal)
- Corsa S’ came with the tail tidy kit I purchased from mnnthbx
- Turn signals pull 1.4W each

Attempt 1: installed Rizoma included resistors in front and back - the indicators blinked fine but dash did not and threw indicator lamp error
Attempt 2: after reading thread, removed the front resistors, same result…indicator lamp error
Attempt 3: after reading more of the thread, I decided to try the R&G that CATMAN had noted, same result…back to forum (I think they sent the 9.5 ohm ones)

*Looked up watts for the Corsa’s and then used Zack’s formula (Thanks Zack!) which results in 12.2 ohms needed for these.
*I have NOT had my dealer switch to LED mode; reading mixed reviews about this one.

Attempt 4: ordered the 50W x 15ohm from Amazon ($15 for 5 pk) as Zack Ebel (and now CATMAN is using) posted

Thanks for all the collaboration, hope this last attempt is the final!!! I'll follow up...cheers!

—JJ

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anybody have any luck going through rezoma customer support for the correct resistors? I read through and saw some people were trying but I don't know if anybody got a correct set.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm US based, and swapped out those ginormous incandescent indicators for Rizoma LEDs - Corsas in the front and Leggeras in the rear, using the recommended (required) adapter kits (and not the resistors included with the indicators, as per the manual). I got the expected results - Indicator Warning on the dash when the signal is on, but normal flashing (when the engine is running - steady light when it's not). I haven't had the ECU switched to LED mode - the dealership where I got my bike said they weren't able to do it, and another nearby dealership, where EvansB2 said he got help, no longer sells/service KTM.
For anyone trying to puzzle out the resistances, I snapped a pic of the page in the Rizoma EE164 manual that has the resistor values. Not the answer to match the incandescents, but I thought it might be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm US based, and swapped out those ginormous incandescent indicators for Rizoma LEDs - Corsas in the front and Leggeras in the rear, using the recommended (required) adapter kits (and not the resistors included with the indicators, as per the manual). I got the expected results - Indicator Warning on the dash when the signal is on, but normal flashing (when the engine is running - steady light when it's not). I haven't had the ECU switched to LED mode - the dealership where I got my bike said they weren't able to do it, and another nearby dealership, where EvansB2 said he got help, no longer sells/service KTM.
For anyone trying to puzzle out the resistances, I snapped a pic of the page in the Rizoma EE164 manual that has the resistor values. Not the answer to match the incandescents, but I thought it might be helpful.
Have you had any luck yet? I'm also us based, but about to go on a business trip for six months. Not sure what I'm going to do when I come back to the States and need an inspection...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you had any luck yet? I'm also us based, but about to go on a business trip for six months. Not sure what I'm going to do when I come back to the States and need an inspection...
The turn signals are working, they flash when I use them while riding. But there is the Indicator warning on the dash display. At some point I'll see if a dealership can switch my bike to LED mode, but I'm not in any rush, because motorcycle don't need to be inspected once they're initially registered here in CA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The turn signals are working, they flash when I use them while riding. But there is the Indicator warning on the dash display. At some point I'll see if a dealership can switch my bike to LED mode, but I'm not in any rush, because motorcycle don't need to be inspected once they're initially registered here in CA.
Same for there indicators. I took it out on a ride Saturday and I was getting warnings every time I turned them on, but they worked. It's going to have to wait until I get back in the States to see if there's a solution. Really don't want to hack up a wiring harness if I don't have to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Attempt 4: ordered the 50W x 15ohm from Amazon ($15 for 5 pk) as Zack Ebel (and now CATMAN is using) posted

Thanks for all the collaboration, hope this last attempt is the final!!! I'll follow up...cheers!

—JJ
Attempt 4 follow up - no luck...did not help, still getting warning light.

Attempt 5: Ordered R&G 21.5 ohm ($5) off Revzilla and installed, same issue.
- One thing to note, when I use my multimeter to check ohms on these, they only measure 15, not 21.5. The included Rizoma's measure 15 ohm as well.
@Glenntropy - thanks for posting the EE164 values...47 ohm 3w are interesting numbers to say the least. Did you install just 1 on each side (or all 4)? I've been testing 1 resistor for each side as someone confirmed the front/back of each side is wired in parallel and no need to cram another set of resistors behind that headlight (been there, done that).

May try the LED mode at the dealer next...not sure how experimental they're willing to be with me yet, hah. This is beyond frustrating...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just don't understand how rizoma, who collaborated with ktm on the OEM LED blinkers, can't figure this out or have a fix already.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Glenntropy - thanks for posting the EE164 values...47 ohm 3w are interesting numbers to say the least. Did you install just 1 on each side (or all 4)? I've been testing 1 resistor for each side as someone confirmed the front/back of each side is wired in parallel and no need to cram another set of resistors behind that headlight (been there, done that).

May try the LED mode at the dealer next...not sure how experimental they're willing to be with me yet, hah. This is beyond frustrating...
I installed one of the EE164 adapters per indicator, 4 total. It's also the only way to get the right connector on the Rizoma lights to hook up to the wiring harness.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I installed one of the EE164 adapters per indicator, 4 total. It's also the only way to get the right connector on the Rizoma lights to hook up to the wiring harness.
Did that work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It worked in the sense that I have indicators that light up. They blink at the correct rate. I still get the dreaded Indicator Warning on the dash, and the little green arrows there blink double time. Don't know if the LED Mode will get rid of that because I haven't found a dealer who can switch me over to that. I just ignore the warning when I'm riding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did a test today and they work perfect, right flashing rate, and no ugly error.

Hopes this helps future generations out. You can apply that formula to any variables and you should get the right result if you have your data right.
I know this might be asking a bit much, but could you draw up a wiring diagram or snap a photo of how you wired the resistors in?

Making plans for when I get back to the states in case LED mode doesn't work out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to my math, the resistors I should be using are 12.2Ω for the leggerra, and 13.14Ω for the actions. Is 50W still what I should be using?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just read this whole thread and I'm not ready to buy LED's to replace my USA blinkers until someone finds a plug 'n play solution.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just read this whole thread and I'm not ready to buy LED's to replace my USA blinkers until someone finds a plug 'n play solution.
Only plug and play solution that I know of is to buy the factory KTM Euro LEDs and have the dealer switch the dash to LED Mode. That's what I did and everything works perfectly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Only plug and play solution that I know of is to buy the factory KTM Euro LEDs and have the dealer switch the dash to LED Mode. That's what I did and everything works perfectly.
Where's you buy the lights from and what part number did you use?

Do you have helpful instructions for the dealer to set the dash to LED? I have a feeling they'll be clueless when I ask them.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts