181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're talking about
I don't think that covers diagnostics and firmware like a KTM tool does.

It's not impossible to get the factory diagnostic interface tool. I think AOMC sells them and a few others in to $2000 range. Ive seen old ones for other bikes, hit eBay on occasion as well. The problem, as I understand it, is acquiring the OEM software to then use that tool.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't think that covers diagnostics and firmware like a KTM tool does.

It's not impossible to get the factory diagnostic interface tool. I think AOMC sells them and a few others in to $2000 range. Ive seen old ones for other bikes, hit eBay on occasion as well. The problem, as I understand it, is acquiring the OEM software to then use that tool.
I love my 790 but I don't know if I love it $2,000 tool

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to have a tool for my VW. Could literally do anything I wanted to the car with it. Plugged into a laptop and then "activated" with software. I'd like to find something like that but $2000...hard no.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all those that posted here. I read the whole thread, and decided to find a KTM parts dealer in europe that would ship to the US. By comparing the parts guide in both US and Europe, I found exactly the parts I needed, and ordered them. The KTM Factory LEDs were actually pretty cheap, and the shipping proved to be the most expensive part. But in the end I paid $260 USD for all necessary parts and shipping. It only took a couple weeks to arrive and everything fit perfect and looks totally OEM stock. Look at the difference

Once I got it all installed I rode down to the dealer where I bought it and they set the mode to LED, and everything works. Took me about an hour to do rear and 1.5 hours to do front because I was also installing the USB charger.

Other then the turn signals, I only needed to order the washers and bolts that are the same as the rear bolts to replace that hollow extender bolt:

Bike looks great

·
Registered
22 Posts
While I like keeping things OEM, close to $300 for turn signals is a lot! Either way they look a million times better than the stock US signals.

·
Registered
237 Posts
While I like keeping things OEM, close to $300 for turn signals is a lot! Either way they look a million times better than the stock US signals.
I wanted to test the waters with my tail tidy and resistors so I bought a cheap set of flowing turn signals and resistors and put it together, cost me about 60 bucks pretty good result everything works great not quite as bright as I would like but I like them better than stock

so my to understand to do the front turn signals you only need to take the headlight out And do I have to remember how far the screw was in how many turns thanks in advance take care..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all those that posted here. I read the whole thread, and decided to find a KTM parts dealer in europe that would ship to the US. By comparing the parts guide in both US and Europe, I found exactly the parts I needed, and ordered them. The KTM Factory LEDs were actually pretty cheap, and the shipping proved to be the most expensive part. But in the end I paid $260 USD for all necessary parts and shipping. It only took a couple weeks to arrive and everything fit perfect and looks totally OEM stock. Look at the difference

View attachment 5740

Once I got it all installed I rode down to the dealer where I bought it and they set the mode to LED, and everything works. Took me about an hour to do rear and 1.5 hours to do front because I was also installing the USB charger.

Other then the turn signals, I only needed to order the washers and bolts that are the same as the rear bolts to replace that hollow extender bolt:
View attachment 5741

Bike looks great
Do you have anymore info on what parts dealer and could we see some more pictures?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I installed 2 front sets of Yoshimura Sequencial (didn’t need the rear brackets/relay) along with the plug and play connectors and one set of resistors at front. Everything works great, no hyper flashing or dash errors. I wish i could post a video (no option on phone posting) but the sequencing is awesome 🙂
Zoopla Any particular reason you picked the 21.5 ohm over the 9.8 ohm resistors?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Navy Duke posted up a link for New Rage Cycles new LED turn indicators and they had a disclaimer at the bottom that read:

If you order both front and rear aftermarket kits, you will need a resistor (Dual-Load Equalizer) to stabilize the flash. Ordering one or the other will not require a resistor.

Seems if you put one set of LEDs on, there is no need for a resistor, but if you do both, you will need one. Interesting!!
any idea how to install this, there are no instruction on their website?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The resistance at the end needs to be the same as the resistance in the beginning which is 21 w so depending on how many watts your lights are is what resistors you will need to equal 21 Watts. At least that's the way I see it. I changed out my OEM turn signals for flowing LEDs which were one Watt added to 21 watt resistor and it works perfect

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
As far as I have determined the ONLY way to get the OEM S/W is be a FULLY authorised (franchised) KTM repair centre. - It is one of the reasons that the EU wants to IMPOSE OBDII diagnostics on 2 wheelers as well as cars. 2025 - KTM will have to obey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the MNNTHBX fender kit and a pair of Rizoma Corsa single function turn signals up front.

As instructed by JJHelka:

Rizoma Turn Signal cable kit EE164H installed on front
R&G Resistor Kit RGR0002 (21.5 ohm) resistor kit in the rear

Install took me 2-3 hours but I took steps to double check and verify before making permanent connections and that took extra time.

The front turn signals were pretty simple. The Rizoma cable kit makes these truly plug and play. Plenty of room to stuff the additional wiring behind the cover. I may go back in and modify the turn signal mount as it doesnt look as nice as I would like. It goes from a big chunky mount to a slim indicator. Im gonna see if someone offers a nicer mount option other than retaining the OEM one.

The rears took some time to double check the correct wiring and then make permanent soldered and heat shrink connections. I highly recommend ordering a new rear light harness from KTM for about $30. This way you can retain the full stock setup if you ever need to revert back to stock.

The posi-lock connectors offered by MNNTHBX are a joke and I couldnt even figure out how to make them work. Dont spend the extra $7 on them. I used heat shrink connectors that when heated, release solder directly onto the wires as the heat shrink seals everything together. https://www.amazon.com/140-Solder-Seal-Wire-Connectors/dp/B07JJ6YYKL

Pay attention to the Rizoma instructions as it will tell you which wire is positive (green) and which is negative (black) to wire into the resistor for the turn signals. Then use the MNNTHBX web instructions for the taillight wiring. I did not wire the plate light as I will be modifying the bracket to tuck the license plate up under the subframe for a more streamlined look. (may not be legal but my last 3 motorcycles were mounted the same).

There are 3 ground wires from the factory harness. One each goes to the turn signal wires, the 3rd was a part of the taillight wiring and is not needed. Red wires from lights get connected to the white wire from bike harness, white wires from lights get connected to yellow wire from harness.

Before you start making permanent connections, slide the rubber grommet over the signal wiring down towards the mounting base. Otherwise, you will have to figure out how to get the whole wiring harness through that little rubber hole.

I used small gator clips to make test connections before installing the solder/heat shrink. When I hooked up the rear with OEM front signals, I got an error message. When I hooked up front and rear, everything worked as it should!

So I can confirm that this exact setup and install will work for US Spec 890 Duke R. View attachment 5387

View attachment 5387
For the front LEDs did you need the RIZOMA signal adapters or did you modify the KTM housing at all?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well Dukers...I’ve done it. My Rizoma Corsas front/rear are FINALLY operating correctly. I’ve been living with the dash error for months, I cannot tell you how happy I am right now. Such a small victory but oh so satisfying.

Part list:
Rizoma Corsa S (rear) - shipped with MNNTHBX tail tidy
Rizoma Corsa (front)
Rizoma ‘turn signal cable kit’ (EE164H) - 1 pair
R&G resistors - 21.5 Ohm (RGR0002) - 1 pair

Installation:
  • R&G resistors in the rear
  • Rizoma cable kit (adapter/resistor) in the front

That’s it. When you are ‘testing’ make sure your bike is actually started/running. Without the bike started, there will be the dash error and as soon as you fire her up, it goes away.

Side-notes;
I bought 2 pairs of the Rizoma cable kits (4 adapters/resistors in total) which gave me a very odd result when trying to use them in both the front/rear. The amber light on the rear was always on. It blinked correctly when I turned the indicator on and no dash error but both the right/left were always on. I touched the small adapter/resistor and holy crap was it hot!!! I would have to imagine if I left it that way, there could have been some issue under the rear cover.

Hope this helps some of you that invested in Rizomas.
You think this will work with the rizoma visions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the front LEDs did you need the RIZOMA signal adapters or did you modify the KTM housing at all?
Those small Rizoma signal adapters actually have a resistor in them. They are also plug and play so no splicing in the front.

·
Registered
2020 KTM790 Duke
2 Posts
I installed the MNNTHBX fender kit and a pair of Rizoma Corsa single function turn signals up front.

As instructed by JJHelka:

Rizoma Turn Signal cable kit EE164H installed on front
R&G Resistor Kit RGR0002 (21.5 ohm) resistor kit in the rear

Install took me 2-3 hours but I took steps to double check and verify before making permanent connections and that took extra time.

The front turn signals were pretty simple. The Rizoma cable kit makes these truly plug and play. Plenty of room to stuff the additional wiring behind the cover. I may go back in and modify the turn signal mount as it doesnt look as nice as I would like. It goes from a big chunky mount to a slim indicator. Im gonna see if someone offers a nicer mount option other than retaining the OEM one.

The rears took some time to double check the correct wiring and then make permanent soldered and heat shrink connections. I highly recommend ordering a new rear light harness from KTM for about $30. This way you can retain the full stock setup if you ever need to revert back to stock.

The posi-lock connectors offered by MNNTHBX are a joke and I couldnt even figure out how to make them work. Dont spend the extra $7 on them. I used heat shrink connectors that when heated, release solder directly onto the wires as the heat shrink seals everything together. https://www.amazon.com/140-Solder-Seal-Wire-Connectors/dp/B07JJ6YYKL

Pay attention to the Rizoma instructions as it will tell you which wire is positive (green) and which is negative (black) to wire into the resistor for the turn signals. Then use the MNNTHBX web instructions for the taillight wiring. I did not wire the plate light as I will be modifying the bracket to tuck the license plate up under the subframe for a more streamlined look. (may not be legal but my last 3 motorcycles were mounted the same).

There are 3 ground wires from the factory harness. One each goes to the turn signal wires, the 3rd was a part of the taillight wiring and is not needed. Red wires from lights get connected to the white wire from bike harness, white wires from lights get connected to yellow wire from harness.

Before you start making permanent connections, slide the rubber grommet over the signal wiring down towards the mounting base. Otherwise, you will have to figure out how to get the whole wiring harness through that little rubber hole.

I used small gator clips to make test connections before installing the solder/heat shrink. When I hooked up the rear with OEM front signals, I got an error message. When I hooked up front and rear, everything worked as it should!

So I can confirm that this exact setup and install will work for US Spec 890 Duke R. View attachment 5387

View attachment 5387
Sweet setup with the exhausts.
Id like to ask your opinion of the brand (Spark) and fitment as I would have to do this myself as there is no distributor in Canada

181 - 200 of 207 Posts