181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're talking about
I don't think that covers diagnostics and firmware like a KTM tool does.

It's not impossible to get the factory diagnostic interface tool. I think AOMC sells them and a few others in to $2000 range. Ive seen old ones for other bikes, hit eBay on occasion as well. The problem, as I understand it, is acquiring the OEM software to then use that tool.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't think that covers diagnostics and firmware like a KTM tool does.

It's not impossible to get the factory diagnostic interface tool. I think AOMC sells them and a few others in to $2000 range. Ive seen old ones for other bikes, hit eBay on occasion as well. The problem, as I understand it, is acquiring the OEM software to then use that tool.
I love my 790 but I don't know if I love it $2,000 tool

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used to have a tool for my VW. Could literally do anything I wanted to the car with it. Plugged into a laptop and then "activated" with software. I'd like to find something like that but $2000...hard no.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all those that posted here. I read the whole thread, and decided to find a KTM parts dealer in europe that would ship to the US. By comparing the parts guide in both US and Europe, I found exactly the parts I needed, and ordered them. The KTM Factory LEDs were actually pretty cheap, and the shipping proved to be the most expensive part. But in the end I paid $260 USD for all necessary parts and shipping. It only took a couple weeks to arrive and everything fit perfect and looks totally OEM stock. Look at the difference

Once I got it all installed I rode down to the dealer where I bought it and they set the mode to LED, and everything works. Took me about an hour to do rear and 1.5 hours to do front because I was also installing the USB charger.

Other then the turn signals, I only needed to order the washers and bolts that are the same as the rear bolts to replace that hollow extender bolt:

Bike looks great

·
Registered
18 Posts
While I like keeping things OEM, close to $300 for turn signals is a lot! Either way they look a million times better than the stock US signals.

·
Registered
143 Posts
While I like keeping things OEM, close to $300 for turn signals is a lot! Either way they look a million times better than the stock US signals.
I wanted to test the waters with my tail tidy and resistors so I bought a cheap set of flowing turn signals and resistors and put it together, cost me about 60 bucks pretty good result everything works great not quite as bright as I would like but I like them better than stock

so my to understand to do the front turn signals you only need to take the headlight out And do I have to remember how far the screw was in how many turns thanks in advance take care..

181 - 188 of 188 Posts