KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Are you sure it's oil? If it's red, I will have to agree with Rick it is probably coolant. The area fits this assumption as well. In most cases, tightening the hose clamps should work. At least start with that.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Some threads to read:

·
Registered
2019 790 Duke L
17 Posts
my 2019 790 is doing the same thing. Tried tightening the clamps, still leaks. Got a new thermostat ordered

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went through 4 sets of stock hoses under warranty before just going Samco. They kept seeping through the hose layers and out the cotton reinforcement that you see at the ends. Dry ever since.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
It's the hoses. Supposedly this was a issue with assembly at factory - That proceedure was supposedly later changed. But the issue persists.

The inner rubber portion cracks - allowing coolant to leeech along the cotton reinforcement until it reaches "freedom". REPLACE HOSES. Tightening clamps will NOT resolve it. It may reduce it a bit - but capilliary action is what it is.

My dealer tried to get a warranty replacement - but could not. They fitted it free however as KTM did provide a replacement head gasket under warranty and the hose had to come off anyway.

I was going to get SAMCO but they had the correct one in stock - 10mins vs 1 week wait - no real contest.

If you order SAMCO - order their clamps too and follow the torquing instructions (printed on the plastic bag - don't just rip the bag open)

·
Registered
2019 790 Duke L
17 Posts
It's the hoses. Supposedly this was a issue with assembly at factory - That proceedure was supposedly later changed. But the issue persists.

The inner rubber portion cracks - allowing coolant to leeech along the cotton reinforcement until it reaches "freedom". REPLACE HOSES. Tightening clamps will NOT resolve it. It may reduce it a bit - but capilliary action is what it is.

My dealer tried to get a warranty replacement - but could not. They fitted it free however as KTM did provide a replacement head gasket under warranty and the hose had to come off anyway.

I was going to get SAMCO but they had the correct one in stock - 10mins vs 1 week wait - no real contest.

If you order SAMCO - order their clamps too and follow the torquing instructions (printed on the plastic bag - don't just rip the bag open)
I already have samco hoses. And the leak is coming from the thermostat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts