KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually loved them... Still do.
My cross was Laverda. I'm not sure the Montjuic was ever sold for road use anywhere except the UK. There were 250 made and I have owned 2 of them.

60bhp 500cc twin. And late 70's early '80s. Not even marginally comfy. Basically a Formula-500 somehow legalised. Loud! - full race pipes. No air filters. No tickover. Leave it more than a week stood still - remove tank to get at sparkplugs and heat them in flame - then get them in quick and fire up. If not successful first stab - start again.

But I loved them.

My other cross (though it's really tattooed) is Moto-Guzzi. Can't help it. Only had my current one 37 years. Been married less than that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My cross was Laverda. I'm not sure the Montjuic was ever sold for road use anywhere except the UK. There were 250 made and I have owned 2 of them.

60bhp 500cc twin. And late 70's early '80s. Not even marginally comfy. Basically a Formula-500 somehow legalised. Loud! - full race pipes. No air filters. No tickover. Leave it more than a week stood still - remove tank to get at sparkplugs and heat them in flame - then get them in quick and fire up. If not successful first stab - start again.

But I loved them.

My other cross (though it's really tattooed) is Moto-Guzzi. Can't help it. Only had my current one 37 years. Been married less than that.
I lusted after the montjuic back in the day, probably worth fortunes nowadays.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I lusted after the montjuic back in the day, probably worth fortunes nowadays.
Found ONE in Spain - €12,000. My first cost me 1221Stg. And I got a free trip to the Factory and a lot of "experience" out of it. :grin:

My mum still says the "Orange Bikes" changed me (She only found out about the KTM today - Yeah I know tis black) - God Bless you Richard Slater - for so much. May 1981 - Breganza.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts