KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Based on the 2nd to last sentence in the article, is COVID really holding you up from getting a bike? From John San's photo earlier, they're obviously here stateside...

·
VIP member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on the 2nd to last sentence in the article, is COVID really holding you up from getting a bike? From John San's photo earlier, they're obviously here stateside...
What that sentence is referring to (obliquely, I admit) is that we can't do a full test because the tracks are all closed. We will press ahead, though, and test the 890 as soon as we can get our gloved hands on one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's not holding me up. I could have picked it up tonight, but didn't have the time. It's fully built and the service manager just installed the track mode and quick shifter software - about $800 additional for those two options BTW. I'll have it by the end of the week - so I'll post up my initial impressions. My local track is closed through April, so it will be May at the earliest before I can give it a proper performance test... :wink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
What that sentence is referring to (obliquely, I admit) is that we can't do a full test because the tracks are all closed. We will press ahead, though, and test the 890 as soon as we can get our gloved hands on one.

Understood. Much appreciated for linking the article, definitely enjoyed reading. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's not holding me up. I could have picked it up tonight, but didn't have the time. It's fully built and the service manager just installed the track mode and quick shifter software - about $800 additional for those two options BTW. I'll have it by the end of the week - so I'll post up my initial impressions. My local track is closed through April, so it will be May at the earliest before I can give it a proper performance test... :wink:

I'll be calling my dealer in the morning...

·
VIP member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Understood. Much appreciated for linking the article, definitely enjoyed reading. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
On Motorcycle.com, my opinion will be the last you hear on the 890 Duke R because of implied bias of me being a 790 owner. I won't be shy about sharing my opinions with y'all, though. I can't wait to ride the 890!

·
A d m i n .
151,125 Posts
Fun article, nicely set-up machine with super improvements, and the low price, geeez..

It’s as if KTM monitors this forum, took most of our suggestions, and just, ran with it.

I wonder how many, are in this initial early release batch?

·
Registered
53 Posts
On Motorcycle.com, my opinion will be the last you hear on the 890 Duke R because of implied bias of me being a 790 owner. I won't be shy about sharing my opinions with y'all, though. I can't wait to ride the 890!
I'll post up my initial thoughts this weekend. I won't really be able to compare with the 790 because i only did a very controlled 15 minute demo ride on one last year. I need to be able to bend a few rules in order to form a fair opinion of a performance bike... :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts