KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am possibly looking to pick up a KTM PP Ergo seat but want to get some feedback.

I am 5'9" tall, 175 lb, and about 30" inseam. I can flatfoot the bike now but am very 50/50 on the stock seat (lack of padding and it tilts me in to the tank).

I am a huge fan of Sargent seats but they do not make one for the 790 Duke.

So I think I would like to try one of the Ergo seats and then if I am still not happy then send it to Sargent for custom alteration.

Question about the Standard Ergo Seat-

1. Is the profile of the seat the same as stock (canted towards tank) or is it level?

Questions about the Tall Ego seat-

1. Is the Tall seat +20mm higher due to additional foam and/ or is the base any thicker, taller base pads, etc.?
2. Is the profile of the seat the same as stock (canted towards the tank) or is it level?

Any personal feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
843 Posts
It is not just the height that differs - it is also the shape. I have seen photos over on the German site that illustrate this well.
Even the lower seat actually reduces floor contact because it is wider.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am possibly looking to pick up a KTM PP Ergo seat but want to get some feedback.

I am 5'9" tall, 175 lb, and about 30" inseam. I can flatfoot the bike now but am very 50/50 on the stock seat (lack of padding and it tilts me in to the tank).

I am a huge fan of Sargent seats but they do not make one for the 790 Duke.

So I think I would like to try one of the Ergo seats and then if I am still not happy then send it to Sargent for custom alteration.

Question about the Standard Ergo Seat-

1. Is the profile of the seat the same as stock (canted towards tank) or is it level?

Questions about the Tall Ego seat-

1. Is the Tall seat +20mm higher due to additional foam and/ or is the base any thicker, taller base pads, etc.?
2. Is the profile of the seat the same as stock (canted towards the tank) or is it level?

Any personal feedback is appreciated.
I can't say I noticed any difference in the profile of the standard PP seat. It's more comfortable for longer rides. I'm the same dimensions as you (well, a few extra lbs :p ).. As barbargris mentions you don't sit quite as flat-footed, but it's not a big difference).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm 6' 175lbs, and have the +20 PP seat. I don't notice any sloping issue with the seat, but then I don't recall noticing much of an issue with the stocker, either. (I replaced it with the PP seat almost immediately.) I believe that the base of the seat is the same, and that the additional height of the +20 version is derived from thicker padding. It is definitely MUCH more comfortable than the stock seat - all day comfortable. Looks nice too, imo.

I also find the texture of the PP seat to be much grippier, fwiw. You definitely have to lift yourself more if transitioning from side to side. Whether that's a plus or a minus is up to you - but if I ever manage to get the 790 to the track, I'd probably put the stock seat back on.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I am using the +20mm seat from day one. Works well for me, at 6'2". I don't feel it is pushing me towards the tank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stock seat was crushing my sciatic nerve. Could only last 15 minutes before pain was so bad had to get off. The +20mm seat stopped the pain.
Able to do a Sydney to Melbourne return trip, (880km each way, leave Friday return Monday) with no pain. Couple of short stops for fuel.
Differences I felt, sitting a bit higher and softer. 5'11", 32"inseam, 110kg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts