KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the KTM Myride GPS on iPhone connected to the TFT screen by blue tooth?
It seems it displays on the TFT the main directions for a route.
It is also supposed to show incoming phone calls on the TFT.
If it works well, it saves having the phone attached to the handle bar and hence exposed to rain and other adverse conditions...

·
Registered
59 Posts
My understanding from comments/ reviews on the internet (& we believe every word! ) is that it doesn’t really enhance your ride much. Better off with a waterproof case or waterproof pocket & Bluetooth on your helmet. Just reporting what I‘ve read.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the 2018 390 Duke which comes standard with MyRide.

The 790 add-on doesn't include maps, only the phone and music function. Maps only works on the 1290 duke.
IMO it's a waste of money. The only thing i noticed having my phone and helmet comms connected is your contacts come up on the screen when someone calls and you can see what music track you're playing and select tracks with the LH controls.

Nothing Siri or Alexa can't already do so i don't miss it at all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

·
Super-Moderator
366 Posts
Save your cash and get a ram mount or similar for your phone or gps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Save your cash and get a ram mount or similar for your phone or gps.
I Agree! MyRide is useless rubbish! At least until they update it. I have such a module installed and is very buggy. I prefer to pair my helmet to the phone.

Cheers :)

·
a d m i n .
151,087 Posts
Has anyone experienced the KTM Myride GPS on iPhone connected to the TFT screen by blue tooth?
A blue tooth set-up for touring is something I need for my iPhone for sure.

Hey, off topic, but are those your photos on Instagram? Stumbled onto your account from the #790Duke, and maan, you have loads of amazing photos!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts