1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
a d m i n .
151,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April-Current Offers!

KTM Street Promotion
4/1/2020

0% INTRODUCTORY OFFER FOR 6 MONTHS, THEN 1.99% APR* FINANCING FOR UP TO 60 MONTHS ON SELECT KTM STREET MODELS.
Special Retail Financing through Synchrony.
April 1, 2020 through April 30, 2020, qualified customers can take advantage of a new exciting offer from Synchrony on the purchase of select new model year 2020 and 2019 KTM street motorcycles. Customers can receive 0% Special Annual Percentage Rates (APR) for the first 6 months of payments, and then roll into 1.99% APR* for up to 60 months on select street motorcycles to highly qualified buyers (tier 1 only) through Synchrony.

MODEL YEAR
MODEL
SPECIAL FINANCING RATES AND TERMS
790 DUKE
0% APR for 6 months, then 1.99% APR* for up to 60 months

690 SMC R

1290 SUPER DUKE GT

1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R

1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S
RC 390

390 DUKE

·
Registered
186 Posts
Unless the motorcycle is your only mode of transportation for work, one should never finance a motorcycle. It's a toy. Well, unless they give you rebates AND 0% finance. :)

·
Super-FastGuy
'20 890R
552 Posts
Unless the motorcycle is your only mode of transportation for work, one should never finance a motorcycle. It's a toy. Well, unless they give you rebates AND 0% finance. :)
Well that would single handedly wipe out maybe 75-80% of our industry if we only bought them outright, which in turn would spell the demise of the power sports segment for sure.
Clearly they aren't a practical purchase but saying to only buy them if you can afford to pay cash up front is not something I want to preach from the rooftops if I expect this passion of mine to continue.

If that advice is to be followed then I'd assume you also believe in forgoing all non-essential food/drink/alcohol, living in a van or tent, cancelling your internet and Netflix packages, etc... as these are all less than ideal ways to allocate our cash flow. No thanks...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well that would single handedly wipe out maybe 75-80% of our industry if we only bought them outright, which in turn would spell the demise of the power sports segment for sure.
Clearly they aren't a practical purchase but saying to only buy them if you can afford to pay cash up front is not something I want to preach from the rooftops if I expect this passion of mine to continue.

If that advice is to be followed then I'd assume you also believe in forgoing all non-essential food/drink/alcohol, living in a van or tent, cancelling your internet and Netflix packages, etc... as these are all less than ideal ways to allocate our cash flow. No thanks...
True True. :)
I grew up from a poor family but I've learned to be frugal even though I can afford all of my purchases with cash.
Thanks for the different perspective. :)
I'm the more wiser.

·
Super-FastGuy
'20 890R
552 Posts
True True. :)
I grew up from a poor family but I've learned to be frugal even though I can afford all of my purchases with cash.
Thanks for the different perspective. :)
I'm the more wiser.
Another perspective if you were to look at it from a purely financial impact would also be this:

- If a manufacturer is offering any form of financing for less than what your money could generate elsewhere, whether that's investments or conversely paying down debt like a mortgage that has a higher interest rate - it absolutely makes sense to finance the bike and put that $10k cash elsewhere.
For example if your mortgage rate is 3.99% and the bike dealer offers 1.99% - you are much better off paying the $10k onto your mortgage and financing the bike or if you can average above the 1.99% return from an investment then you're also better off putting your money there than onto the bike.

All this assumes we agree the bike is a terrible financial decision and is going to happen despite that knowledge of course. :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts