• Leaking fork seals

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weak spots with our beloved 790D’s.

I’m hoping KTM monitors this forum, and takes note for improvement sake.

Please check off any and all that you’ve had issue with.

·
VIP member
394 Posts
I never felt that the master cylinder was weak. Rather, I felt it had too much free play before activating the brakes.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you add brake light issues as an option? It seems there's a few people on here that have had them (not just me)
There have been a number of other ‘problem’ threads.

I chose a few main specific problems that I have seen repeated innumerable times in the past 2 model years, in this forum, as well as Facebook pages.

I hoping KTM makes the appropriate changes to the 790 model, or incorporates some of the improvements from the 890 DR into the 790.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My TFT screen didn't crack, but dirt just seems to get embedded in it, almost since new it has spots on it I can't clean off. KTM really needs to up their quality control. This is my second duke, and they've both had their issues. Never had that with a bike from Japan.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My TFT screen didn't crack, but dirt just seems to get embedded in it, almost since new it has spots on it I can't clean off. KTM really needs to up their quality control. This is my second duke, and they've both had their issues. Never had that with a bike from Japan.
Do you have any sort of wind/bug screen? - imo the issue with the new breed of clusters (not just KTM) is that they are NOT made of bulletproof materials. And high speed road dirt is like a sandblaster. The spots thing - Have you tried anything like https://www.novuspolish.com/index.html - saved many a cellphone before GorrilaGlass appeared.

Once clean https://www.protectionfilms24.es/c/ALL/ALL/?searchfield=790+duke

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopefully they get the 890s right this time around
Hopefully the coolant & oil leaks were resolved as those two highlights have happened to many owners.

We already know 4 main upgrades are going to seriously enhance the 890 D R, (Adj susp, more potent engine, Brembo master cyl. & Stylema calipers).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts