KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
VIP member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I wouldn’t have attended, so as to avoid any accusations of bias because of my well-documented love of the 790 Duke, the 890 introduction was rumored to have been planned for COTA. What a missed opportunity. As soon as we can get our hands on a Street Tripe RS and an 890 Duke R, MO is having a rip-snorting shootout.

MSRP will be announced next week.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
442 Posts
Although I wouldn’t have attended, so as to avoid any accusations of bias because of my well-documented love of the 790 Duke, the 890 introduction was rumored to have been planned for COTA. What a missed opportunity. As soon as we can get our hands on a Street Tripe RS and an 890 Duke R, MO is having a rip-snorting shootout.
I know you must struggle for volunteers for these things but let me assure you I've got your back... I've owned both the RS and now a 790, plus previous to those I had an FZ/MT-09 - I was BORN for this Evans!

Post-Covid when you have these two middleweight troublemakers tee'd up I'd be glad to assist with the test riding, track comparo's, etc... you know, all the mundane minutia.

If we don't help each other, what separates us from the savages?????

:devil:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Outstanding!

Didn’t we already know msrp? :wink:
$11,699 + $550 Freight - I already have an invoice and a deposit down from a nearby dealer in PA. They were notified about the early 2020 units about a month ago.

·
VIP member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know you must struggle for volunteers for these things but let me assure you I've got your back... I've owned both the RS and now a 790, plus previous to those I had an FZ/MT-09 - I was BORN for this Evans!

Post-Covid when you have these two middleweight troublemakers tee'd up I'd be glad to assist with the test riding, track comparo's, etc... you know, all the mundane minutia.

If we don't help each other, what separates us from the savages?????

:devil:
You’re a giver, I can tell. It’s a noble deed to be willing to sacrifice so much.

:smile_big:

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is interesting and seems counter to what the other thread posted with respect to the delay based on the connector rod issue. Any more info on that?

I've got my name on the list for my dealer's allotment - just waiting to put down the deposit when he gets the invoice/info, he said hopefully within the next 10 days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So this was just more of an in depth review that I saw several months ago, but in an official KTM media format. Nothing on releasable timeframe...

·
Registered
53 Posts
So this was just more of an in depth review that I saw several months ago, but in an official KTM media format. Nothing on releasable timeframe...
How about this for releasable time frame? Pic taken this morning...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Quickshifter+ and "Track" mode are additional extras, slightly misleading with their base price. Still a bargain though!

Interesting, as you would think the R would come with these items as standard (even if it cost a little bit more), and optional on the 790.

Regardless, glad I have them!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quickshifter+ and "Track" mode are additional extras, slightly misleading with their base price. Still a bargain though!

Interesting, as you would think the R would come with these items as standard (even if it cost a little bit more), and optional on the 790.

Regardless, glad I have them!
Its relatively a bargain if in 12000-13000 usd they are offering qs and track mode, and all the tax is included as well.

Overall looks like a crazy track weapon.

But on the public roads that insane compression ratio is worrysome. The 790 itself runs super hot, 890 will barbeque the legs thoroughly. Unless ofc you live in a cold country, where it will act as a blessing.

Not to mention reliability will become a concern too.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
ghost_z-

Agreed on all counts.

Now it does look like they have made some changes to account for the new/ bigger version (larger radiator, updated fueling per cylinder, etc.), time will tell.

I hope the motor/s gets sorted and I'm glad there is an 890 as I love this motor/ bike. What is good for one model should be good for the full lineup in general (790 Adventure, Adventure R, 790 Duke, 890 Duke R) and hope KTM sticks by it and supports it. I feel this could be a VERY important motor/ segment for them and hope they do it justice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think they announced 11,699 Plus of course dealer add on shipping and set up.
If I didn’t own my 790 I’d buy one. Though I’m still thrilled with my 790. I doubt I’d ride the 890 any better faster etc than my 790.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts