KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Soo I am wondering if some of you got some experience in fitting the kriega bags on the bike.

If so where did you mount it? Like what part of the frame? maybe pics?
Because need them to fit when il be traveling on it.

Thanks alot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Here is how i fit my touratech bag , kriega should work the same! Connect to frame under the seat. Hope it helps 馃檪

yeah managed to put it on the subframe. But saw someone fit the straps under the seat maybe going for that once i don't know

Registered
Here is how i fit my touratech bag , kriega should work the same! Connect to frame under the seat. Hope it helps 馃檪

yeah managed to put it on the subframe. But saw someone fit the straps under the seat maybe going for that once i don't know
I think if you unscrew the seat from the seat panel you will be able to place the straps in between.

Registered
I have put a small Kappa tail bag on mine strapped under the pillion seat.
Kappa Light Range LH203R Expandable Mini Tail Bag. Nice size and expandable and not stupidly priced like the KTM one.

Registered
I have had both a 10 and a 20 on my rear seat. I have the older version Kriega's that use the straps that you just lay under the seat, rather than attach to a specific point. No need to separate the seat; just lay the straps in place under the seat, reinstall the seat and away you go. If you have the newer style straps then my comments didn't help you a bit...sorry!

I've been playing around with some of the luggage I already have. The first photo is a Kriega 20 filled. The 2nd is a 10 mostly empty. The third is a Wolfman Peak that just clips to the edge of the seat. I've also toyed with replacing my rear seat with a SW Motech or Hepco luggage plate and strap my Mosko Moto Scout 30 Duffel to it. That's what I used on my 690 Duke.

I had a set of Bags Connection Blaze panniers that I used on a Street Triple and my Super Duke. I really liked them and wish they would make a compatible mounting arm for the Duke.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Yo I tightend the straps as far from ea other on the subframe... I don't wanna lose my stuff if i pack heavy just with the seat alone. Il post a pic later.

Registered
I'm renting a 790 Duke in June for 12 days in Switzerland and Italy. Since the bike comes with no sport luggage, I'm planning to borrow a Kriega Combo (US 20 + US 10 + US 10). Any chance you could post pics of the Kriega on your bike? Would love to see how you mounted the system.

And any concerns of the bags getting burned on the exhaust pipe?

The feedback on Kriega is outstanding.

Cheers

Super-Member
I just put a Kriega 5 on mine. Used the pillion seat itself as opposed to going to the frame. It is small, in fact, very small, but I am using it for transporting my lunch and my locks to work. I attached the rear two straps to the frame under the pillion at the back of the seat (where the rear handle screws in to). For the front straps, since there were two of them, I weaved them together to make one longer strap and laid it over the battery. Snapped the pillion back on and just use the quick connectors on the bag to attach. Works great.

Sorry for the late reply!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Here some pics!

I got the akra exhaust and watch out for burning the bagg.. happend to mine! Melted :( but if you put the one on the exhaust side far enough back there is no problem.

It happend on the first 20 kilometers of my trip haha stupid but aah well! nothing ducktape can't fix!

they were havely loaded us 30 + 2 us 20's and it worked just fine!

Greetings

Attachments

Registered
Here some pics!

I got the akra exhaust and watch out for burning the bagg.. happend to mine! Melted :( but if you put the one on the exhaust side far enough back there is no problem.

It happend on the first 20 kilometers of my trip haha stupid but aah well! nothing ducktape can't fix!

they were havely loaded us 30 + 2 us 20's and it worked just fine!

Greetings
Hi Friend, did it melt the one on the side or both bags?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts