KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to give the knockoff Evotech radiator guard a miss, and I went with a Radguard. I hear the genuine Evotech radiator guard is of good quality fwiw.
I got myself a ebay exhaust hanger which Im quite happy with. Ive noticed some knockoff Power parts on ebay which in some cases I guess would do just fine. Namely the oil filler cap, and I was also thinking about the knockoff PP engine case covers.
Anyone got experience with these? (Im inclined to go genuine for the case protectors)

·
Registered
62 Posts
AFAIK it's just down to the materials. I personally wouldn't get a "knock off" i.e. a branded look a like, but just a cheaper non branded version would be fine in my view, as long as it holds up under stress. So far I haven't bought any "copies" for my 790 but plenty for my 125, and my friend swears by copies for his Z900 and multistrada. Only genuine bits he has are the proper evotech crash bars as they protect the structure also. Hope that helps in some way.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
AFAIK it's just down to the materials. I personally wouldn't get a "knock off" i.e. a branded look a like, but just a cheaper non branded version would be fine in my view, as long as it holds up under stress. So far I haven't bought any "copies" for my 790 but plenty for my 125, and my friend swears by copies for his Z900 and multistrada. Only genuine bits he has are the proper evotech crash bars as they protect the structure also. Hope that helps in some way.
The only "copy" I have is one where crash strength isn't the primary requirement - the radiator guard. It's been on for just over a year and it's been perfect - no corrosion or any other shortcoming. Chinese doesn't necessarily mean nasty. A fair percentage of the world's domestic LED lighting comes out of purpose-built modern factories and no quality assurance issues, at least none in our household 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts