KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Duke 790
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post and first time owner of a KTM. Nearly got whacked today at an intersection by a guy not paying attention and I think didn't see me. Nice brakes and easy to get my foot down!

I'm thinking more lighting higher up might be prudent. Has anyone seen or mounted Kiwav Lucifer LED mirrors? They look good to me, but the website claims they won't fit when I enter 2020 KTM Duke 790. I'm wondering if they just haven't updated their fitting chart in a while.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Many aftermarket mirrors do not offer LH and RH thread options. Only RH. This is an issue if you have a 790D. Each side has a different thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You need to buy the clutch side clamp from the 790 (part number 6410204400030) to be used on the brake side
If you really want to replace the mirrors anyway, you can swap out the base that the mirror screws onto, with the part in the quote I stole from another thread. I did this, and put on the same mirrors that the 890/1290 use. You just have to be sure that the mirrors you install use 2 nuts to eliminate the loosening effect that the right hand thread does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.