KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know the 790 looks are subjective but what were they thinking? It’s no looker Ducati has nothing to worry about.
I’d love to see the SDR come out on top but sure has its work cut out to do so unless they’ve stuck a v4 in it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They really missed the boat here i feel. Instead of making a Z1000 with a supercharger and really try to compete with the supernakeds they decided to make an overweight relatively underpowered giant boat of a bike.

The thing weighs like 40 kg more than a Streetfighter, that´s a massive number. And the horsepower is lower stock, yes you can tune it but still you can´t tune away 40+kg´s.
Its out of proportion, looks about as dynamic as brick wall and will probaby not be that cheap looking at the H2 sibling.

supercharger is cool and all but the game just got moved forward massively with the streetfighter.

Edit: at least it as has a full color display this time, something the europeans have been doing for years now.
And that annoys me with the japanese manufacturers, you cant even get a full quickshifter on a MT-10, only upshift. I mean come on its 2020 soon and you cant provide a full on quick shift?
I get it, they are reliable but jesus christ man, go a little bit crazy please.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it looks good and is in line with kawas current styling language. The nice thing about forced induction is that a tune alone will net you massive gains. Full exhaust tune and it will rip all day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts