KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slowly but surely making some mods on my '20 790. Addition of a K&N reusable air filter.

I was out dirt biking with these two goofs, my son's.

I also made a Lamb Cake to celebrate with our also fully vacinated neighbors!

Bottoms Up!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm interested in how you like the K&N. I put one on my 2020 790 with a Yoshimura Alpha-T slip on and felt it was even more snatchy, so I put the stock a/f back on.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm interested in how you like the K&N. I put one on my 2020 790 with a Yoshimura Alpha-T slip on and felt it was even more snatchy, so I put the stock a/f back on.
Did you add the pipe and the A.F. at the same time? Did removing the A.F. reduce the snatch? I'm going out now and will pay particular attention.
Bottoms Up

I didn't notice an increased snatchyness. I used sport for some in town and even parking lot/ fuel station navigating. I short shift the slow stuff. That seems to help. That snatchy throttle is definitely a characteristic of the bike alleviated best by short shifting and staying in sport mode for the slow stuff. That's me, your mileage may vary.
Bottoms Up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts