KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to say Hello.

I'm Neil, from near Rugby in the UK. I'm new to the forum and new to owning a Duke 790. I picked my duke up last Saturday just before the lockdown.

I was previously on a Duke 125 which I had for about 6 months whilst I worked towards getting my full licence (passed module 2 in early March).

Mods to the bike before I collected it were: Top box rack (i'll be using the bike to commute daily to the station), PP ergo seat, rim stickers and pillion footpeg sliders.

Since I got it home I've fitted Evotech front and rear spindle bobbins and evotech radiator guard, and Hepco & Becker engine protection. And I'm planning to sit a USB charger on the front for charging a phone.

I managed a bit of a ride out the day after I picked it up, but looking forward to the lock-down being over so I can head out and enjoy some longer rides.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Neil and welcome looking good except for the top box but if you need it you need it. I'll start lock down on Tuesday building site running out of supplies. 12 weeks of polishing Ha Ha.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Neil, welcome on board. It’s a great bike to move up to!

I’m near Corby, so not far away, I’ll be organising a ride-out or 2 when we’re allowed back on the road, so you’ll be welcome to join in!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Neil-

Hello and welcome!

Modding already, nice. You must need to bring some serious amount of stuff with you to work. :)

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hi Neil,

Welcome from Down Under! I spent a bit of time in your area a lifetime ago with the Timken Bearing Co in Daventry as an engineering student . This is a great forum with really helpful people. Regarding the topbox, some bikes are particularly sensitive to tankslappers/headshakes with that configuration. I have no knowledge of whether the 790 is, but bear it in mind. The steering damper should help in that respect.

Best wishes,

Geoff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the welcome messages - the top box has really brought the comments out! :smile:

I had the box on my 125 Duke as well, so very used to the look of it (it looked even bigger on the 125!). I use it to store my helmet, gloves, trousers and jacket in when parked at the station to save lugging them all down to London with me every day on the train and the tube, so it is a necessity. And it is quick and easy to pop it off the rack if needed for weekend rides.

Thanks again for the nice welcome.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome Neil!

Similar story to you, I was also on a duke 125 for 6 months before passing in March. Also managed to pick up my 790 just before lockdown but had to take it back to the dealer due to a faulty brake light switch, where it is now sat waiting for parts :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts