KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Decided on an 890 finally and was going to wait a few weeks for a 2021 from a local dealer. Then I found out they'd be made in China and that kinda soured me on the idea.
So I did a search (https://motohunt.com/motorcycles-for-sale?q=ktm+890+duke) and found a couple in Oregon at Power Motorsports.
Called them up, super easy transaction.
$10,999 out the door! (I'm in California so I'll still have to pay local sales tax and CA DMV fees).
No set-up fees, nothing added.
Having it shipped for $300 by motoshippers.com
#455 will be here on Wednesday if all goes as planned! 馃槑
Current other bikes: 2008 KTM 690 SMC, 2016 Triumph Speed Triple R, 2016 Husky FE350S (for sale)

Previous interesting bikes: 2012 KTM 990 SMR, 990 SMT, couple Gen 1 and Gen 2 Aprilia Tuonos, 1200 Dorsoduro, Ducati Hypermotard 939SP, MV Agusta Stradale 800, Moto Guzzio Griso 1200, 2005 BMW Boxer Cup Replika...

I wonder what's in the box:

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Sweet deal except you will not be able to register it in the Golden State until it gets 7500 miles on the clock. California does not allow registering new out of state bikes, only used ones. They define used as having at least 7500 miles on it.

I bought a new 2014 Yamaha FZ09 up in Oregon but the difference for me was a family member who lived in Oregon so I registered it there. Once I got 7500 miles I registered it here.

If you live out of state then move here this rule does not apply. But if you are a California resident then it does apply. Another draw back to living here

Good luck.

Registered
I bought vin 450 from power motorsports and had no issues registering it in Eureka CA. The federal emissions and safety sticker is on the right side of the frame, about where your knee would be when sitting on the bike. I second what you said about power motorsports being very easy to deal with, and straight shooters. Enjoy your 890.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Hi guys,
Decided on an 890 finally and was going to wait a few weeks for a 2021 from a local dealer. Then I found out they'd be made in China and that kinda soured me on the idea.
So I did a search (https://motohunt.com/motorcycles-for-sale?q=ktm+890+duke) and found a couple in Oregon at Power Motorsports.
$10,999 out the door! (I'm in California so I'll still have to pay local sales tax and CA DMV fees).
Current other bikes: 2008 KTM 690 SMC, 2016 Triumph Speed Triple R, 2016 Husky FE350S (for sale)

Previous interesting bikes: 2012 KTM 990 SMR, 990 SMT, couple Gen 1 and Gen 2 Aprilia Tuonos, 1200 Dorsoduro, Ducati Hypermotard 939SP, MV Agusta Stradale 800, Moto Guzzio Griso 1200, 2005 BMW Boxer Cup Replika...

Small world. I bought my 2014 FZ09 from them and had it shipped to California. Power is great to work with. At the time the California dealers were really padding the price as there was way more demand then inventory in California. I was getting OTD quotes north of $11,000 on a bike that had an msrp of $7990. Power OTD price was $8200.

When your bike arrives make sure to give it a real good look before signing the acceptance paperwork. My buddy who was with me began to see some marks on my brand new bike. Then I saw them too and asked the driver, and he fessed up admitting my bike had tipped over into another bike he was hauling. The shipping company ended up paying for the damages which included a new gas tank and some other trim pieces.

I am really glad to hear that guys are finally getting to purchase a new bike from out of state and registering it here. Guess we can thank the new Euro 4 emission standards for this good fortune.
Enjoy your new ride!

Where abouts are you located in California? I am in the Fresno area.

Registered
As soon as I saw that pic with the bagged box strapped to the bike, I knew it was at Power

Congrats on the new bike!

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Thanks guys. I'm in San Rafael, just north of San Francisco.
Good o'l Marin County. Would imagine you have spent some time on 1 going north?

I like your Avitar. Is that you on a dedicated track bike? Thunder Hill?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good o'l Marin County. Would imagine you have spent some time on 1 going north?

I like your Avitar. Is that you on a dedicated track bike? Thunder Hill?
I've spent a lot of time up and down1 and west Marin from Stinson to Skaggs, Napa, Berryessa... :D

That was an '07 Aprilia RSV1000R I had years ago. My every day commuter. That was Sonoma Raceway, turn 9 I think.

Registered
Hell yeah dude! I just got my 790 on Friday, the last one within about 5 hrs of me. Total OTD was $11,400 cad "$8,950usd" I put on 125kms the day I picked it up, but roads are brined and wet so its away until spring.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hell yeah dude! I just got my 790 on Friday, the last one within about 5 hrs of me. Total OTD was $11,400 cad "$8,950usd" I put on 125kms the day I picked it up, but roads are brined and wet so its away until spring.
Awesome.
Well, shame about the weather and salty stuff. May spring come soon!

Registered
Awesome.
Well, shame about the weather and salty stuff. May spring come soon!
Yeah sucks we only really have 7 months of decent riding weather. And i had the same thought process, i was going to wait a year or two and upgrade from my current 390, but my local store had a great sale, and the fact that they are being made in china next year was the final dealbreaker. Whenever possible i try my hardest to avoid buying Chinese made. For quality and political reason.

Premium Member
Hi guys,

The KTMs made in China are for the Chinese market. This will free up manufacturing for the Austria plant to produce more for the West.

Power Motor Sports has 6 (2020 890R Dukes) in Stock, along with 8 (2020 790 Dukes). 503-769-8888 Very Good Prices

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.