KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two days of testing at Jerez, Bagnaia is still fastest. Test comes a few days after the last race of the season and following a two year technical freeze that did not allow manufacturers to officially test or introduce any significant improvements to their machines.

With the Ducatis being extremely strong in the second half of 2021 and eight expected Ducatis on the grid next year, the other manufacturers are under a lot of pressure to finalize the 2022 configuration, prior to the first race on March 06, 2022. Both Yamaha and Suzuki (the IL4 machines) suffer a power disadvantage to the V4s.

Honda testing without Marc and with a battered Pol. Not a great start for 2022.

Two more tests to go, on February 5 and February 11 2022.

At the end of two days, the timesheet looks like this:

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

Reactions: J D

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watched online. Everything is available. There are some free videos on the site, if you are not subscribed.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. I think they had it live on the site. Not sure. Was at work... LOL...

Registered
If Yamaha, Suzuki and the others do not find those missing km/h, I fear that 2022 motogp will be a most boring season, especially with eight Ducs on the grid !
The Ducatis won't all be the same, with the young guns running the superseded bikes. And Duke-on-Duke at the front will still be an interesting fight!

The Ducatis have had a speed advantage since forever, I'm surprised the others have closed up so much recently. I suspect that with the engine freeze this year, the techs have got more data and have managed to eke out some more horsepower. Or, since they were approaching the end of the season with spare engines remaining, they decided to lift their rev limits since a blown engine would be of little consequence.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions are the Suzuki is doing better in the power/speed department. Yamaha not so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts