KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time in MotoGP history that a two back to back races are held on the same track.

Be aware of spoilers on the following posts.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, take two took place on an extremely hot day and track... Again.

Without MM93 present, the bets are on the Yamaha boys, including the Doctor, starting from fourth on the grid.

After a very hot race with a lot of action and DNFs, both crashes and technical issues, we ended up with three Yamahas on the podium. First time since 2014, I believe.

FQ ran a flawless race for the second win in the two opening races. Mavrick's race was not very consistent, but he ended up finishing second, before Rossi. The doctor, at 41 years of age, with a long awaited podium.

This season is going to be interesting. Fabio with fourth consecutive pole and a second pole this year, has all 50 points. After tasting victory he will be more difficult to defeat. MM93, still the favorite, will start the third race with 0 points for the season. It will be interesting to see how fit he will be, with just 3 weeks since he broke his arm. He did want to race today but had some issue with his arm (surprise, surprise) late in the practice sessions.How will the pressure of starting this season behind affect his riding?

Another interesting item is that Yamaha has already two DNF's due to engine losing power. Coincidence?

See you in two weeks, at Brno.

Registered
................Another interesting item is that Yamaha has already two DNF's due to engine losing power. Coincidence?.............
2 races in and each Yamaha rider is down to 4 motors of the 5 allocated. At that rate could be a few Yamaha riders starting races from pit lane towards the end of season.

2 races in and each Yamaha rider is down to 4 motors of the 5 allocated. At that rate could be a few Yamaha riders starting races from pit lane towards the end of season.
I read that FQ is already using his fifth. That might give MM93 a fighting chance. I'm a big fan of MM93.

Super Moderator
'09 CBR1000RR
I read that FQ is already using his fifth. That might give MM93 a fighting chance. I'm a big fan of MM93.
Not possible - they only have 5 engines this year due to the shortened season (typically they get 7 for an 18 round year). Not a chance FQ20 is on his 5th one already.

Registered
FQ and MV blew one each in testing, VR race 1 and FM race 2. Talk of Yamaha having to "de-tune" the motors.
Losing some power to keep motors reliable will make it difficult against Honda and Ducati at the horsepower tracks.

Not possible - they only have 5 engines this year due to the shortened season (typically they get 7 for an 18 round year). Not a chance FQ20 is on his 5th one already.
Check this out. It's actually MV on his 5th engine. I'm not sure about the withdrawn engine. Do you have some other information?

Registered
Check this out. It's actually MV on his 5th engine. I'm not sure about the withdrawn engine. Do you have some other information?

I'll have to keep up.
Yamaha look to be in a lot of trouble.
FQ's championship must be in doubt.

Super Moderator
'09 CBR1000RR
Yamaha has sent back 2 engines to the Mothership to get tested and if they can prove they are a genuine safety issue then Dorna will allow them to fix them without penalty - otherwise it's pit lane starts for a long time for Mav and anyone else who blows through their allotment. What a crazy way to lose a chance at a title.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That a big monkey wrench... Will be sad if the season, that started very interesting, will be decided on technical bureaucracies. But then again, rules are rules and they should be the same for everybody.

Reactions: KiwiDuke

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: GLantern
1 - 13 of 13 Posts