KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought the IXRACE MK2 slip on for the 790 and Im going to use it on the 890 was my plan.
Im wondering about the db killers theres one mounted inside the muffler and one welded into the linkpipe.
Should I leave one or maybe both for back pressure?
The dbkiller mounted in the muffler, how does one remove it just force or is it welded aswell?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I just bought the IXRACE MK2 slip on for the 790 and Im going to use it on the 890 was my plan.
Im wondering about the db killers theres one mounted inside the muffler and one welded into the linkpipe.
Should I leave one or maybe both for back pressure?
The dbkiller mounted in the muffler, how does one remove it just force or is it welded aswell?

I did buy that same exhaust and the db killer in the muffler seems to be welded inside... I've tried to pull it out by hand but couldn't do it. Let me know if you managed to take it out.

·
Cry Baby
158 Posts
Why don't you just try it with the db killers in? With that short can, they are likely there to add some needed back pressure.

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
Leave the welded one in. Don't use the loose one. See my thread here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Leave the welded one in. Don't use the loose one. See my thread here.

We (me and tung_man) have both db killers welded. One in the pipe link and the other one inside the muffler which is welded aswell, and seems impossible to remove. It's euro 4 homologation fault.

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
Strange. Got my pipe not too long ago. US spec different than Euro?

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
From what I remember, spot welded. Can grind it off.

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
I agree. Don't worry about it so much. Pipe looks and sounds a million dollars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bought one here in the UK and same issue. Both of the bloody baffles are welded in place.

I grinded the spot welds off the small baffle in the link pipe and removed it easy enough, but there was no budging the one in the end can. Quite annoying they don't give you the option to remove it. As with it fitted id imagine it would cause more back presure than the standard end can 🤔 (which is straight through)

Anyway managed to fit it. Not tested on a run yet as it started raining. If I still think it sounds too tame could always drill a big enough hole in the bottom off the baffle so its more straight through.

Sink Auto part Wheel Metal Rim

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If is HOMOLOGATED for Euro4/5 then they're supposed to be non removeable (well not without violence). See if you can find an older Euro3 set.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I tried a long screwdriver through the mesh and a large hammer but I recon it was going to peirce the baffle before knocking it out so gave up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
To be honest I was toying between this exhaust and the Arrow GP2. So this might saay me. I may send this this back for a refund since it stated it had a removable baffle and it doesn't. (They've obviously copied the description from the main website) There wasn't much difference with the price between the two and by the looks of it the arrow has a traditional screw in baffle that goes in and out of the end.

I'll see how she sounds tomorrow on a run as it sits and take it from there. I've also emailed Ixil asking how its secured in so see what they say.

If you managed to get it out let me know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With the welded in baffle in the end can it sounds and feels too restricted. Not much louder than the stock exhaust.

Gonna go with the arrow I think.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.