KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought the IXRACE MK2 slip on for the 790 and Im going to use it on the 890 was my plan.
Im wondering about the db killers theres one mounted inside the muffler and one welded into the linkpipe.
Should I leave one or maybe both for back pressure?
The dbkiller mounted in the muffler, how does one remove it just force or is it welded aswell?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I just bought the IXRACE MK2 slip on for the 790 and Im going to use it on the 890 was my plan.
Im wondering about the db killers theres one mounted inside the muffler and one welded into the linkpipe.
Should I leave one or maybe both for back pressure?
The dbkiller mounted in the muffler, how does one remove it just force or is it welded aswell?

I did buy that same exhaust and the db killer in the muffler seems to be welded inside... I've tried to pull it out by hand but couldn't do it. Let me know if you managed to take it out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why don't you just try it with the db killers in? With that short can, they are likely there to add some needed back pressure.

·
Super-Moderator
625 Posts
Leave the welded one in. Don't use the loose one. See my thread here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Leave the welded one in. Don't use the loose one. See my thread here.

We (me and tung_man) have both db killers welded. One in the pipe link and the other one inside the muffler which is welded aswell, and seems impossible to remove. It's euro 4 homologation fault.

·
Super-Moderator
625 Posts
Strange. Got my pipe not too long ago. US spec different than Euro?

·
Super-Moderator
625 Posts
From what I remember, spot welded. Can grind it off.

·
Super-Moderator
625 Posts
I agree. Don't worry about it so much. Pipe looks and sounds a million dollars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts