KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's soon time to write to Santa Claus, so I wonder which of these two slip on exhaust would be the best for me : IxRace M2 Inox or SC Project S1 titanium
I like both looking (short exhaust)

But I don't want a too loud exhaust just a little bite more noise than oem, because I ride without ear plug et sometimes with my wife on the rear seat.
The most important for me is to know which of the two heats the least to avoid any risk of burn when i will ride with my wife or my daughter. On this point the original muffler is very well.

considering that Santa Claus is generous and that it will not be inconvenient to the fact that the S1 costs twice the price of the M2 :grin:

·
Registered
415 Posts
^^ I have this pipe, its ok for sound with the stock CAT, but I've got a link pipe and KTMs mapping for CATless pipe, and **** ME its loud............looks cool tho bro, thats the main thing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My heart is drawn to Wings in Slovenia . They have a full kit together with Coober. Would leave the DB killer / spark arrestor in. We are drag-netting the sofas for loose change, If anybody has children I can sell - send 'em over,

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
Both nice looking pipes, check out the arrow pro race as that is also a short pipe. I have it with the baffle removed, still have the cat, and the sounds is perfect. Nice and deep but not too loud.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Both nice looking pipes, check out the arrow pro race as that is also a short pipe. I have it with the baffle removed, still have the cat, and the sounds is perfect. Nice and deep but not too loud.
Was checking out the Arrows and the GP2 looks amazing IMHO. Any experience with it?

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
Was checking out the Arrows and the GP2 looks amazing IMHO. Any experience with it?
No experience with the GP2 but I have the pro race and had arrow on my previous bike. Great slip on and it has a nice growl to it without the dB killer in it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finaly, i choose the Ixrace a final deal at 217€ killed me ^^

I mount it yesterday on the Duke and i am happy.
The sound is so better but not too much and the look is nice too

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Finaly, i choose the Ixrace a final deal at 217€ killed me ^^

I mount it yesterday on the Duke and i am happy.
The sound is so better but not too much and the look is nice too
And to this I say:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hesitated because I liked the rendering of both, but you can see on the video that I took the stainless. I find the black more discreet, if I had a black bike I probably would have taken the black

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Still waiting. Apparently out of stock. Was promised it will be shipped this week. Will update.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Still waiting. Apparently out of stock. Was promised it will be shipped this week. Will update.
This is the magic of internet shopping, we wait for our gift impatiently.

I hesitated because the original noise is not bad, but I dont regret it is so much better with a little more noise and deeper.
As always we must be more vigilant because it tends to make us ride faster :grin:
I do not know how it works in the US, but in France a lot of cars let us easily go when they see us, and now with a little more noise there are twice as many who see us.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Called them today. Said the shipment is coming in tomorrow and they will turn it around the same day. Will see if I get a tracking tomorrow.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Nice. This is so much cleaner and I really love the shorty look.

Unit has shipped. Should be in by mid-week and on the bike by the weekend. Will send pics/vids. Mine is the black on a black bike. Really curious to see how it will come out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts