KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I picked up a new 2020 790 Duke last week and have really enjoyed riding it around the local roads here to break it in. Looking forward to running it after it's 620 mile oil change. I like this bike enough that I want to be able enjoy multi day rides so a way to carry some gear will be one of my first purchases, probably the rear luggage rack. Does anyone here have the side pannier kit sold by KTM? I was just wondering how easy (or difficult) it is to mount and unmount the side racks that the panniers attach to because I don't think I'd want the mounts on all the time. A seat Concepts seat kit, some fender extenders to keep some of the road dirt off, possibly heated grips along with hand protectors are a possibility but still looking for hand protectors. Lastly a shield, trying to decide between the mini fly screen or the larger touring shield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome! I’m a few days owner of a 790D as well. Can I poke you a bit on the shield mod? Is it to aid in decreasing buffeting at higher speeds? I don’t have to worry about hand warmers too much in my area, but curious about the fender extenders, too. I’d like to keep my girl clean.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got the heated grips and with Grip Puppies fitted. You can still get the heat through the Grip Puppies and they reduce the vibrations through my arthritic hands and increase the diameter of the grips. Win, win. The hand protectors I have seen look too cumbersome for such a sleek bike, so I haven't bothered.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes. I had them fitted before I collected the bike. It gets a bit chilly here at times, so I knew I'd need them. My local dealer will sell all accessories at cost and fit for free with a new (or secondhand) bike. I also got a tail tidy, also ktm, an Akrapovic end can, pillion seat cover thingy, removal of the pillion footrests and a tank bag, also ktm.
They didn't have the tank bag in stock so will post it free of charge and they removed the cost (retail cost, not discounted cost) from the total bill. The original parts were all boxed up for me to take away with me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn I asked my dealer for 15-20% off on accessories since I just bought the bike there and they never got back to me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
A different dealer offered me 20% off KTM products and 10% off others eg Akra. We do, however, pay a lot more for the bike here. £7,499 and no discount available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts