KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last week I've changed the tires and decided to replace the rimstriping with KTM PP ones. In my opinion a small upgrade with a big positive effect. I love the looks!

Before (non-KTM striping, added by previous owner):

After (KTM PowerParts, 61309999000):

Next up? Obviously a good wash. ;-) And maybe I'll have the grey areas wrapped in gloss black! Not sure yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I postponed replacing the stickers, because I thought it would be a b*tch, but it wasn't too hard to do, honestly. For every wheel you have 6 pre-shaped stickers and it was fairly easy to do it. The more patience you have, the better the end result, obviously. Just make sure the rim is very clean and also be sure to be as physically comfortable as possible. I would not do it with the rim mounted on the bike, so if you consider doing this, wait for your next tire change. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Next up? Obviously a good wash. ;-) And maybe I'll have the grey areas wrapped in gloss black! Not sure yet.
I didn’t like the grey too much as well, so painted it along with the exhaust heat shield. To me the result is night and day.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Pics! I would love to see how it looks.
A bike aesthetic look is something really personal, unless you’re in a dealer you won’t see too often 2 identical bike. In my case I prefer black but in order to have some respect for the name ! I wanted to have “some” orange. I might have been a bit over board🤔 but I’m happy with it😀.
933CB36B-796F-4BF5-8FFA-C3A79C8A3E18.jpeg
D2682623-27D5-4250-B513-58BE7A8EA600.jpeg
0D91CD11-AFE2-47B4-8E8B-2F3719A6C40D.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks super clean! Very nice. (y)

Quick question for you @Jasonsomero21: those Austin Racing pipes look stunning! What would I need to do to fit those (or a different type) on my bike? Does it need a tune? Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts