KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
elou guys,

Im about the pull the trigger one a used 2018 790 duke, with 5000kms and started to do a bit of research here on the forum.

Im quite shocked by what i see here..
-leaking fork seals
-leaking camcovers
-bad quickshifter
-warped brake disks
-leaking lcd screen
-faulty abs sensor?

Id really like to buy one but it seems its a bit of a partsbin bike quickly build to compete in the street triple class.

Is it really that bad, or to be taken with a grain of salt?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say that you always see the worst on forums as people generally don’t post when they haven’t got problems but... mine leaks oil from the left hand side at the output shaft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had 2 LCD screen replacements under warranty, I have had 6 months of electrical issues. Been a ball ache to be honest with you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ugh yea thats what im worried about. A rubber here and there is no issue. But electrical gremlins are another thing.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I only have 2,500 miles on my bike but so far it has been great.

The LC8c is a new motor for KTM, and I think it has a great start. I bet it will be around for a long time. It is a great motor and will only get better with time.

Also, I have never had a bike that has not had SOMETHING be an issue. Go on any forum and you will hear complaints about a bike or brand. Nothing is perfect. I hope to wear out many non-perfect bikes in my lifetime.:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
elou guys,

Im about the pull the trigger one a used 2018 790 duke, with 5000kms and started to do a bit of research here on the forum.

-leaking fork seals
-leaking camcovers
-bad quickshifter
-warped brake disks
-leaking lcd screen
-faulty abs sensor?

Id really like to buy one but it seems its a bit of a partsbin bike quickly build to compete in the street triple class.

Buy the bike. I’ve got 9000 hard miles on mine not a single thing wrong except my tires wear out :)

·
Super-Moderator
679 Posts
Had the dreaded coolant leak. 2 minutes and 3 turns of a screwdriver later and the problem was solved. Otherwise, no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
elou guys,

-leaking fork seals
-leaking camcovers
-bad quickshifter
-warped brake disks
-leaking lcd screen
-faulty abs sensor?

Greetings, I bought a brand new 2020 790 Duke in May. Put 400 miles on it, while religiously following break in. It is now in the shop and I cant use it due to an oil leak at the upper casing near the water pump. So. The entire engine needs to be removed and casing re glued. Could the cure be worse then the original problem ? I am really not sure but I know I am without the bike now and its brand new. That bad? Just sayin...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to hear man, i decided not to go with a duke. The lad i was buying it of told me he had the display replaced twice already, and the bike had been good otherwise, but also only had 5k kms on it.

Hope you get your bike sorted soon man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts