KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the footpeg mounts from the 890r today.
OEM parts, $210 for the pair.
They bolted right up. Only minor issue I had was the brake master pushrod was a bit too long. I took about 5-6mm off the rod, on the threaded side, with a bench grinder and it’s perfect now.
I’m guessing the 890 uses a shorter pushrod.
I’ve included pics showing the difference between 890 and 790 foot peg mounts.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the difference? 5mm height?
Probably about a half inch higher. So like 13mm maybe. They moved back about the same amount. It’s kinda subtle, but it’s certainly noticeable when I’m in the canyons. Easier to move around and lock my knee into the tank.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone is curious I bought mine from here:

You have to search the part number directly. Currently, the 890 isn’t an option in the normal parts search menu.

I bought an 890 handlebar from this site, too. I’m linking the site because it was the only place I found selling 890 parts when I ordered them back in early June.
I have no idea if they are available everywhere now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I need to move my pegs so my boots don't scrape on the track, but I don't want my bike stolen because of flashy rearsets. These may be just the ticket. I guess KTM is putting them all onto production bikes as the brackets are backordered with no ETA in North America. :(

The 790/890 rear master pushrod is the same part, but the master is a different number so that's probably why you had to shorten your pushrod.

·
MotoGP Moderator
921 Posts
Nice upgrade.

Any other interesting rearset options for the 790, at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice u[grade.

Any other interesting rearset options for the 790, at a reasonable price?
Not rearsets, but I have Gilles replacement pegs with adaptor plate options that can move them 20, 30 or 40 mm in any direction. I have them 30mm diagonally up and back and it feels much better, but haven't ridden on the track with them yet. About £80 all in with one pair of adaptor plates, good quality kit and quality brand.

·
MotoGP Moderator
921 Posts
Not rearsets, but I have Gilles replacement pegs with adaptor plate options that can move them 20, 30 or 40 mm in any direction. I have them 30mm diagonally up and back and it feels much better, but haven't ridden on the track with them yet. About £80 all in with one pair of adaptor plates, good quality kit and quality brand.
Link?

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
MotoGP Moderator
921 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke, 2006 SV 650, 2008 Hot rodded KLR, 1991 Honda Hawk NT 650
50 Posts