KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 790 Duke L
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 790 Duke and want to squeeze some more power out of it. It currently has a Sprint Filter P08 air filter, Arrow decat (the ADV one) and SC1-R silencer sans baffle. I need some help to decide between a PCVI, Coober, reflash of the stock ECU, the Akra map or just sticking a Booster Plug in there to sort out the fueling and letting the stock ECU’s self-adaptation do the rest. So far I haven’t noticed any leaning out of the fueling due to the mods, it feels like it has more go above 7k and under 5k (between 5-7k it seems to flatten out a bit, especially in 3rd and 4th gear). I just did the standard “fire it up, idle for 10 minutes, shut it down” self-adaptation thing and it seems to work fine. It actually feels a bit different than it did at first, so I guess the ECU really can self adapt? Anyway, I want to squeeze more power out of this mill and these are my options, sooo

·
Registered
4 Posts
8hp increase just below 6k, about 3hp on top end. Jumps the front tire full 1k lower in 2nd gear. Have to unplug O2 sensors or the ECU will rewrite fueling back to stock. Read my recent review. I have stock header, Arrow mid pipe, stock muffler and air box mod plate from the same company on the link. Still basically sounds stock quiet around town. They say you have to upgrade the mid pipe and air box mod to best utilize the race mapping. There are other street maps available. Super smooth throttle down low even in track mode.
Dennis

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If you understand what you are doing then there is also this KTM 790 and 890 Bosch ME17.9.21 TunerPro maps- OldSkullTuning

And being as how the OP is in Italy there is also Rapid Bike Rapid Bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
curious if the Dynojet Power Commander is used in Europe, and if the PC6 just released version is available? Second question. Is there any tuners in Europe getting 9.49hp increase over stock @ 5,700 RPM while keeping the stock muffler? The Hooligan street factor of this new power gain is noticeable right out of the box. The link I provided is the top KTM tuner in the USA. My goal was to get as much as I could while not getting noticed from increase exhaust sound.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I’m pretty happy with my Rapidbike racing module, out of the box on its auto learn it was a significant upgrade. I have plans of getting the yet to be released Rottweiler intake and have it properly dyno tuned, but as is much more mid range punch and the traction and wheelie control step in a lot more than they did pre tune.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Is this product or something similar available in Europe?
Dennis
Yes. I had one fitted (sold by COOBER) and ended up removing it. The improved mid range comes at the cost of top end.
And you can obtain the same results for free. Sorry - but there are dyno results from an Austrian tuner to prove it.
The NEW rottweiler filter box alters the paradigm. This alters the internal filter box resonances.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
FYI - the FREE conversion involves simply pulling these out of the airbox
Automotive tire Wood Flooring Auto part Wood stain

My understanding is that the shape is to "jet" air directly towards the intakes of the TB's as the air speed through them increases. BUT is a bottleneck at lower rpm's. Removing them favours mid range but affects top end.

I did not do the mod as frankly I could not find a way to pull them out. I'm an old wuss and don't like forcing things.

imo a better solution than the top plates - but it's just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What confuses me is, I provided a dyno link in my first post that shows nothing but increase from just above idle through red line. There is a 8hp increase at 5,800 rpm. This is really nice boost for hooligan wheelies. I have a 3hp increase on the top end. I do not have any power loss only power gains across the entire RPM range. If in Europe you have the Power Commander 5 or 6 you can purchase the same race map I use. Dynojet Power Commander 6 for KTM 790/890 Duke
Would you consider taking the time to look at the Dyno charts from this vendor?
This link is the top KTM performance RACE shop in the USA. I kept my stock header, added mid pipe, stock muffler and air box plate. By keeping the STOCK muffler My duke sounds really close to stock. Lot's of Hooligan driving while drawing the LEAST attention to my bad motorcycle habits.
Can Anyone in Europe show me a Dyno chart that matches or exceeds? I'm not trying to brag, I just want to share what really changes my 790 Duke for the least money invested.
Thanks, Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts