KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a supercharged Ford Mustang GT, Chevy Avalanche, and a Chevy Traverse. Looking at trading in the Avalanche for a new Ram Rebel. I'd love to have the new Ford Shelby 350.

What do you drive?

What do you want to drive?

What would you drive if you could?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm boring! I have a Honda Civic (wife's commuter) and an old but mint (2007) honda ridgeline (great camping and home depot machine). I put all the money I save on maintenance and insurance into my motorcycles.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wife has a Hyundai IX35 Turbo Diesel and a MX5, I have a Toyota 3ltr Turbo van a 1200 multistrada, a 1290 GT ktm and the 790, oh and a Stabicraft with a Suzuki 70hp four stroke....Never really been a car person, my wife did have a 2010 Honda Civic Type R, fast little car that was. I guess for a wish list car, id love to have a Porsche, but id much prefer a Campervan, a large one.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wife has a Hyundai IX35 Turbo Diesel and a MX5, I have a Toyota 3ltr Turbo van a 1200 multistrada, a 1290 GT ktm and the 790, oh and a Stabicraft with a Suzuki 70hp four stroke....Never really been a car person, my wife did have a 2010 Honda Civic Type R, fast little car that was. I guess for a wish list car, id love to have a Porsche, but id much prefer a Campervan, a large one.
It is funny how the older you get the more your priorities change. I love my mustang but really it sits in the garage most of the time. I'd like to drive a porsche!

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm boring! I have a Honda Civic (wife's commuter) and an old but mint (2007) honda ridgeline (great camping and home depot machine). I put all the money I save on maintenance and insurance into my motorcycles.
Nah not boring. I was into my mustang before I got my bike. Once I got my bike, my car felt like a slug. I always was into bikes though, so I am a bit bias. I just figure though for a daily driver, if you don't take the bike all the time, I want to drive something I enjoy as well.

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
'17 Fiesta ST, one of the most fun cars I've ever owned/driven.

After the purchase, (last year), FORD sent me to their race course, Octane Academy, (Utah, USA), for a day of instruction, (6 instructors, 20 students), on Miller Motorsports circuit track, using their prepped Focus ST's & Fiesta ST's. After that, they brought us to a Gymkhana course, (designed by Hoonigan Ken Block), for hours of learning how to drift around turns, sliding into small spots, and a bunch of other 'tricks'. They encouraged us to beat the snot out of them, and I'm not even kidding.. Kinda gave me a new respect for FoMoCo.

I used to do mechanical restorations on early 70's Porsche 911's, so I have a lot of respect for those cars, but in the past 15 years or so they have completely exploded in value, so I don't suppose I'll ever have another.

What do I want? Hmmm, not sure. New Mustang GT's (5.0), make me smile.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nah not boring. I was into my mustang before I got my bike. Once I got my bike, my car felt like a slug. I always was into bikes though, so I am a bit bias. I just figure though for a daily driver, if you don't take the bike all the time, I want to drive something I enjoy as well.
I did have a 2002 Mustang for a while until I blew a spark plug out of a cylinder. I had a ton of fun modifying it: exhaust (headers back), positrak differential, full suspension job, etc (note no ECU or other computer work...). I got into bikes about 6 months after the mustang died and realized that I could buy a brand new bike for what I spent on performance parts for a not very fast car. Best decision I've made. I ride the bike basically all the time, so I don't care about having useful cages.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
'17 Fiesta ST, one of the most fun cars I've ever owned/driven.

After the purchase, (last year), FORD sent me to their race course, Octane Academy, (Utah, USA), for a day of instruction, (6 instructors, 20 students), on Miller Motorsports circuit track, using their prepped Focus ST's & Fiesta ST's. After that, they brought us to a Gymkhana course, (designed by Hoonigan Ken Block), for hours of learning how to drift around turns, sliding into small spots, and a bunch of other 'tricks'. They encouraged us to beat the snot out of them, and I'm not even kidding.. Kinda gave me a new respect for FoMoCo.
That is awesome!!! How the **** did you get hooked up like that? I'd love to do that!

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did have a 2002 Mustang for a while until I blew a spark plug out of a cylinder. I had a ton of fun modifying it: exhaust (headers back), positrak differential, full suspension job, etc (note no ECU or other computer work...). I got into bikes about 6 months after the mustang died and realized that I could buy a brand new bike for what I spent on performance parts for a not very fast car. Best decision I've made. I ride the bike basically all the time, so I don't care about having useful cages.
I hear ya. I dropped about $3000 supercharging my car along with all the other stuff that I had to do. It still is a super fun car to drive, but yea you are right, you can dump a ton of cash into a car and not have as much fun as on a bike!

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
That is awesome!!! How the **** did you get hooked up like that? I'd love to do that!
It said it right on the window sticker. If you buy a Focus ST or a Fiesta ST, you can attend the school for free.

BMW 3 GT, previous Honda S2000 AP1
I bought an S2K the first year, what an amazing car, the build quality is superb.

A few previous cars I bought new:

00 Hon S2000.
04 Pontiac GTO (Really rebadged Holden Monaro), 5.7 V8, Z06-6speed.
06 Chev TrailBlazer SS AWD 6.0 V8.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It said it right on the window sticker. If you buy a Focus ST, Fiesta ST, Focus RS or Mustang GT, you can go to the school. It's a shame only the Mustang will only be in the States as of recent..
Wow! Awesome deal!!!

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts
Audi A3, she’s getting on a bit though > 125k miles.

Looking at Jag XE Prestige/Portfolio/R Sport as a possible replacement.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
It is funny how the older you get the more your priorities change. I love my mustang but really it sits in the garage most of the time. I'd like to drive a porsche!
You might be interested in my adventures with a turbo Porsche and making a fool of myself: https://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2018/08/an-idiot-and-porsche.html . I actually found it pretty unsatisfying to drive as it seems to have been built for the lowest common denominator in terms of taking driver input away.

I drive a old RAV4 for trailer towing and launching our fishing boat. My wife used to have a MazdaSpeed-prepared MX5 (Miata) but sold it when her hip played up and bought a Honda Jazz RS Sport which has a surprisingly good performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Most of my cars have been boring (bikes are more fun!)

First car was not boring, but not in a good way - '70 Peugeot 204. Slightly interesting cars: '99 323i, '01 Z06 - kept that one for 17 years - and my current M240i.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My daily is a BMW M6 Gran Coupe. It's big and heavy but it handles well and has 600hp, so it's easy to pass in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts