KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's now winter in NZ and although it doesn't get really cold where I live due to being right next to the sea, temperatures can dip a bit further inland. I was riding south last weekend and was taken by surprise when the instrument screen went white with a snowflake image and the words "Ice Warning". Back at home, I went to the manual (says 2018 version on the cover), had a quick look and couldn't find any mention of this function. Just had a more detailed look and still couldn't find it. However, I found the 790 Adventure manual on line and the feature is certainly mentioned in that book.

If anyone can see it in their manual, can you quote the section and page number please? When the warning is showing, the only information displayed on the screen is speed in small numbers - nothing else. I pressed the "Set" button on the handlebars to bring it back to the normal display, although a small lit warning triangle remained on. Surely I'm not the only person to experience this?

Cheers,

Geoff

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had that warning once when it was below 32 and there was a chance of icing. I think the triangle just stays lit to remind you there may be ice around. Once it warms up, all the warnings went away. Rode all the way to work with that **** snowflake, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it while I was riding.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that warning once when it was below 32 and there was a chance of icing. I think the triangle just stays lit to remind you there may be ice around. Once it warms up, all the warnings went away. Rode all the way to work with that **** snowflake, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it while I was riding.
Haha! Yep, I rode for quite a while with the snowflake on before a lack of instrumentation started to piss me off. Pressing the "Set" button was a random action on my part whilst pressing everything in sight! According to the 790 Adventure manual, the warning comes on at around 4 - 4.5 degrees C. I guess the warning triangle stayed on until I got to my destination because the air temperature didn't get above this threshold. Boy, was I glad that I had heated gloves! :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts