KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This horn is really useless. No one and I mean no one will hear you. The space where the stock horn is located it very limited. I may have to install it at a different location. Has anyone upgraded the stock horn?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?
So I guess the majority of the people are satisfied with the horn.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone?
So I guess the majority of the people are satisfied with the horn.
Not exactly, it's a bit "meep" isn't it?

Personally it's just one of those things that was lower down on the list of priorities to get sorted as I don't ride in much traffic normally (quiet country roads round here) and wanted to get the ergos and convenience things done during the first summer of owning the bike.

I had a decent (if large) FIAMM aftermarket one on my now sold GS - there was loads of room on that bike to fit larger horns, think it used a relay to avoid upsetting the CANBUS with over-current draw.

Space is more limited on the Duke so something smaller is needed - an FIAMM Mini Blaster or Denali Sound Bomb Mini perhaps?

They should be a simple 5 minute job to replace - they aren't expensive and are much louder than the OEM horn.

·
141 Posts
Stebel makes a split Nautilus so you don't need so much room at one spot. I've had one on a couple of bikes but you must use a relay because of the high amperage draw.

I don't remember where I saw it or I'd give you a link.

·
141 Posts
As a start, get one of those passenger seat replacement panels and mount the air tank there. 😱

If you have engine protection bars, put the trumpets there, maybe on both sides. 🙄

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the perfect horn, but I can't figure out where to mount it! Any ideas?
LOL!
I don't get. A loud horn allows me to get a driver's attention, especially when approaching an intersection or when it looks like a driver is about to change lane and he might not see the motorcyclist. Why do these motorcycle manufacturers continue to use useless horns? Heck, at least provide a Power Parts item as an upgrade.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally installed the FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster on the 790.
It wasn't pretty. I just shoved it in the same location and use zip-tie to secure it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
LOL!
I don't get. A loud horn allows me to get a driver's attention, especially when approaching an intersection or when it looks like a driver is about to change lane and he might not see the motorcyclist. Why do these motorcycle manufacturers continue to use useless horns? Heck, at least provide a Power Parts item as an upgrade.
imo - a horn in modern traffic conditions simply distracts. Not attract. Next time you're in the car and somebody else "parps" - see how you react. And if you have the stereo on and are talking (or texting) - you may not even hear one anyway - even a car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts