KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
i emailed KTM uk last week got this reply about anti wheelie mode:
Dear Mr xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting KTM UK and congratulations on your new 790 Duke 2020 - VBKTU6400LMxxxxx – we’re glad to hear you’re enjoying it!

We understand you wish to enquire about the Anti-Wheelie Mode. As detailed in your Owner’s Manual under page 79, setting the Anti-Wheelie Mode to Off means this driver aid is disabled. We kindly draw your attention to the Warning on Page 79:

Warning
Danger of accidents. When Anti Wheelie Mode is disabled, the motorcycle traction control no longer counteracts the raising of the front wheel.
– Only switch off the Anti Wheelie Mode if you have the appropriate experience.

We must politely stress that the Anti-Wheelie Mode is a driver aid, and not a replacement for driver judgement or appropriate operation of a motor vehicle whilst on public roads. Ultimately, driver aids cannot defy the laws of physics; so even with the Anti-Wheelie Mode enabled (on), if a driver decides to apply high revs and suddenly releases the clutch, the front wheel will lift before the driver aid can engage. All riders using public roads are expected to use their judgement and alter their driving style according to road and traffic conditions.

Should you still experience issues with the Anti-Wheelie Mode after taking this information into account, then we would suggest contacting your nearest authorised KTM dealer, who we understand to be Teasdale Motorcycles - they have confirmed they would be happy to inspect the issue. Alternatively, you can find all authorised KTM dealers here www.ktm.com/en-gb/find-a-dealer.html

We would like to thank you for choosing KTM and wish you safe riding on your new 790 Duke.

Best regards,

KTM UK Customer Service Team
KTM SPORTMOTORCYCLE UK LTD
www.ktm.com

Ref:MSG2620058

·
Registered
56 Posts
I finally figured out why the bike doesn't want to clutch-up even with AWM off. Traction control is still set to 1 at the lowest track setting and will kill power, bringing the front wheel back down.

In the menu, go to MOTORCYCLE and highlight MTC + MSR and hold the set button until MTC and MSR is turned off. This completely disables traction control and will allow the bike to wheelie with no intervention.

Be safe out there, folks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Traction control setting at 1 would be minimal and spin up easy 9 is max traction control ! i have had my traction control set to 5-6 and it still wheel spins on wet greasy roads !

21 - 23 of 23 Posts