KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone:

Power up in 1st? Clutch up in 2nd?

It's been a long time since I'd ridden wheelies but i just got this duke and she loves 'em! I pulled them in first but it wasnt the most controlled (perhaps I'm just rusty or old) so I kept coming down pretty quick and hard.

If you're doing 2nd gear wheelies with the clutch, what RPM are you clutching up in?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
On my 890, no clutch needed in 2nd or 3rd. First gear wheelies are really dicey as there is so much torque easy to flip it over backwards. Any significant wheelie assumes I put it in track mode otherwise at about 7 degrees, the TC will start to kill it. If I lift it up in 3rd, easier to find the balance point and ride it for a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 890, no clutch needed in 2nd or 3rd. First gear wheelies are really dicey as there is so much torque easy to flip it over backwards. Any significant wheelie assumes I put it in track mode otherwise at about 7 degrees, the TC will start to kill it. If I lift it up in 3rd, easier to find the balance point and ride it for a while.
Wow, so you're powering up 2nd and 3rd? Amazing. If you happen to recall what RPM you're at please let me know! I tried real down low 2nd gear power wheelies today between 2-4.5k and it didnt come up, perhaps the power band is higher up.

Have to find a safe place to try and not get pulled over.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts