KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to installing my exhaust. And yes I am wearing a N95 mask. Because of the wild fires here in California, the smoke and air quality is really bad.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
279 Posts
That's a nice instructional video.

The exhaust looks beautiful! I've seen it on other 790's. Shout out crashtestkatie. That is the one I would choose for mysel as well.

It definitely opens up the exhaust note with a deep tone that I like. From your audio samples it did not sound "louder". Would you say that is so?

I think the stock pipe all but cancels the exhaust note leaving the intake and mechanical noise. The new pipe adding that deep exhaust note is very nice.

My only questions, is it very loud?
Did you need to adjust the E.F.I. Or fuel mapping?
Bottoms Up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! My goal was to make it instructional because there doesn’t seem to be many how to videos.

Yes it’s definitely louder in person but a better description would be it has a “deeper” tone. Maybe I’ll do another video using a decibels app But I will say I have set off car alarms in the neighborhood when that never happen before. Not an accurate measurement but food for thought.

No tune, no booster plug. Completely stock with first service completed the week prior. I’m still running the stock cat. Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great video! I have the same but I can't stand how loud it is. If you ever experiment with DB-killers be sure to post about it.. I've only found poorly-fitting ones.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
279 Posts
Thank you! My goal was to make it instructional because there doesn’t seem to be many how to videos.

Yes it’s definitely louder in person but a better description would be it has a “deeper” tone. Maybe I’ll do another video using a decibels app But I will say I have set off car alarms in the neighborhood when that never happen before. Not an accurate measurement but food for thought.

No tune, no booster plug. Completely stock with first service completed the week prior. I’m still running the stock cat. Thanks for watching!
Well that's informative thank you. Car alarms you say? Soooo that's louder for sure. I really love the look and sound. Grip it and rip it!
Bottoms Up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great video! I have the same but I can't stand how loud it is. If you ever experiment with DB-killers be sure to post about it.. I've only found poorly-fitting ones.
Thank you! I like how loud it is haha Another person with this exhaust told me upgrade my earplugs. I probably will get a newer helmet to help with noise cancellation when the excitement of the loudness goes away

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes I’ll agree I think they look pretty killer hopefully sounds real nice hard to tell with the sound clips ordered mine this morning

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I’ll agree I think they look pretty killer hopefully sounds real nice hard to tell with the sound clips ordered mine this morning
It’s a lot louder in person. Let me know what you think when you get the exhaust installed!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there any benefit to having duals, or is it just for looks?
Probably! On Leo Vince website it showed some gains but that was over stock. So without a proper dyno test to compare single vs dual side by side I can't answer that. BUT I will say that I honestly feel like the only true way to benefit from any exhaust is to get a tune.

I went with the duals because it looked different, sounded good and I got a crazy good deal. If I didn't get this I would probably got a fake Akra slipon as I'm hearing good things and for the price it's hard to beat.

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2020 KTM 890 Duke R, 2020 Kawasaki KLX230
54 Posts
I did the Leo Vince dual for the look & price, quality is 100% the line the exhaust runs perfectly follows the lines of the bike, they are LOUD! need quality race ear plugs or expect ringing ears if rider hard 140k+ - I run K&NFilter just added booster plug -which seemed to take the sharp harshness out of the exhaust tone. I still run std cat, tempted now to put link pipe in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did the Leo Vince dual for the look & price, quality is 100% the line the exhaust runs perfectly follows the lines of the bike, they are LOUD! need quality race ear plugs or expect ringing ears if rider hard 140k+ - I run K&NFilter just added booster plug -which seemed to take the sharp harshness out of the exhaust tone. I still run std cat, tempted now to put link pipe in.
the k&n filter is my next performance mod. I wonder how it will react without adding the booster plug.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just finished installing my Leo Vince duel exhaust fit and finish spot on sound is awesome tail tidy should be here today and hopefully brakes show up in the next couple days
Nice!! How do you like it?

I ordered a tail tidy from amazon that came with tail light and they sent me the wrong kit. Got an exchanged and it was still the wrong kit! Returning everything. Really tempted to look thru my random parts bin and having my friend weld me up something. Don’t really feel comfortable sending $$$.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts