KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Thanks for the info. I had a poke around behind the headlight and it is pretty tight in there, but the unit arrived today and is small so I think I can get it to fit. 馃
I saw those dust caps, I know it's getting very picky but I'm sad they are not black.
This would be great - Cozy Silicone Caps for USB-C with Dust Protection (Black) Pack of 2: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
But $6 in the US and only place in the UK I can find with stock want 拢35, jokers 馃槀.

Still waiting on an SP connect mount to arrive before trying this so I can be sure the cable will reach the port on my phone when attached. Annoyingly looks like it will all have to wait until after the long bank holiday weekend. Guess I'll just HAVE to ride the thing instead.

I'll definitely be using the switched connection ACC2 (y)

Registered
Finally got everything together the other night and pretty happy with how it's worked out.

Plenty of room actually behind the headlight for the DC converter box. I zip tied it next to one of the other connectors already secured there from factory with a zip tie. Will check on it after a few rides to see if it's moved or come loose.

I added some loom tape around the cable and USB-c join where they tend to bend and break over time, then added some shrink tube over the whole join. When not needed it can just be tucked away pretty neatly.
Went on approx. 100 mile blast after work and charger worked perfectly, my s10 went from 50% to 100% while using the Calimoto app (which can be pretty battery intensive).

Just waiting on a cheapo dust cap like dma suggested.

20210402_102212.jpg 20210402_102231.jpg 20210407_192542.jpg

21 - 23 of 23 Posts